Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could the "Advanced Search" dialog be changed so that a center wheel click on "search" with the mouse opens a new pane browser tab. [edit]?

Sure would nice when searching through another user's collection.

The name default's to the user's own name, so each time you search another user's collection you have to reenter the name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Allow submit button to open a new pane
I can't remember if GUI standards support different kinds of clicks on a button or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
This is a browser feature, not something which a website can force. Chrome, Opera and Safari should have this by default. In Firefox you can get this with the TabSubmit extension. (Here is the RFE for adding it natively.) I don't know about IE.

The closest thing BGG could do would be to open a new window, and submit a POST result there, but this'd be absolute horror for all regular users of the search function, and not cost-effective to implement for BGG, since you'd probably be about the only person who'd appreciate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a_traveler wrote:
This is a browser feature, not something which a website can force. Chrome, Opera and Safari should have this by default. In Firefox you can get this with the TabSubmit extension. (Here is the RFE for adding it natively.) I don't know about IE.

The closest thing BGG could do would be to open a new window, and submit a POST result there, but this'd be absolute horror for all regular users of the search function, and not cost-effective to implement for BGG, since you'd probably be about the only person who'd appreciate it.

You're correct. I wanted a new browser tab, not a new "pane".

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.