Popular Tags: [View All]
A Brave New Geek
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really looking forward to getting this.

Does anyone know if this box will have space to fit all the other maps and cards?

Would be great to ditch (ok, "repurpose" if this horrifies anyone ) all the other boxes and plastic pieces and use just have one box.

That is assuming the new train pieces will work on the old map!

And when is the Scandinavia map pack coming out?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Manning
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
designer
err... I like boardgames!?!
badge
D'oh! I bought overtext even though I have nothing interesting to say.
mbmbmbmbmb
This edition features a board and playing pieces that are 50% bigger than the original edition, and therefore, the pieces are not compatible with previous base games and expansions.

As far as I know, Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries is still widely available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just checked this with my copy and I can not confirm this. The wagons are only a little bit bigger than the wagons in the other versions. I did build a 5 wagon chain on an old map, and it did fit quite well. Perhaps a little bit of overflow left an right, if you put the new wagons directly together.

So: you can play old maps with the new playing pieces in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The other question: if you ditch the plastic inlay, you only gain a little bit of space. the new playing pieces are in those nice, but large tin boxes, so I guess you could fit one extra map into the big box, but not much more.

I have a two box solution with all my maps and I guess I will switch one box to the 10th box (for cards, new USA map, and playing pieces) and an other box (Europe?) to carry the old maps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the plastic inlay accommodate space for sleeves on the cards? You may or may not sleeve your cards, but can you make an estimation based on visual inspection?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Maia
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lydon wrote:
I just checked this with my copy and I can not confirm this. The wagons are only a little bit bigger than the wagons in the other versions. I did build a 5 wagon chain on an old map, and it did fit quite well. Perhaps a little bit of overflow left an right, if you but the new wagons directly together.

So: you can play old maps with the new playing pieces in my opinion.

That is GREAT to know! I heard over and over that they'd not be compatible and that almost made me shy away from the preorder. So this gets me even more excited to get my hands on this beauty! (though it will take a while since I bundled it with the preorder of Dead of Winter :/ ) Thanks for that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leander Van Reeth
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
Not a hungry hippo.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowen wrote:
Does the plastic inlay accommodate space for sleeves on the cards? You may or may not sleeve your cards, but can you make an estimation based on visual inspection?

I haven't sleeved mine, but can almost guarantee that sleeved cards won't fit. Maybe the Destination Tickets would - there's a separate space for those which is larger than necessary. But the Train Cards only just fit in their spot. Sleeves would add too much thickness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.