Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Wasson
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone ever re-created the maps boards in 3D with correct elevations and buildings?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Knight
United States
Westerly
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I only got as far as modeling the saloon in 3D. I used balsa and basswood, Evergreen sidings, window castings and the like. It is a rather simple structure to recreate, with it's boardwalk at street level and the typical front facade of that era's streets lined with buildings. I even built the side staircase and painted the structure a weather-beaten wood color with green trim.

Fun project, and you could easily use 25mm miniatures and make a great game of it.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wasson
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds pretty nice! Any photos to share? How did you mark out the hexes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
For outdoor scenarios, I've used HeroScape terrain and 28mm minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wasson
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wasson
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Todd,

I checked out the Heroscape maps. Pretty cool! 3d hexes that fit together to form a larger map. You could definitely take Gunslinger to this kind of map.

Has anyone considered the maps from Cry Havoc? Although 2D, the castle from Siege would be quite a gunfight given the right scenario!

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
The Great Silicon Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've purchased HO scale western buildings from ebay. Sometimes you can find some pretty good deals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Williams
United States
Capital Region
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see some pics of anyone's setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lum
United States
Castro Valley
California
flag msg tools
I know this is an old post, but I just dusted off my Gunslinger box and am realizing what a fun game it is. I too am toying with the idea of 3D pimping the game (on the cheap). Wanted to go ahead and increase the scale as well to incorporate miniatures.

Anybody try Eric Hotz's Whitewash City buildings? I see that they already come with floor plans. Adding a hex grid to those floor plans and using those buildings seems to be the most painless solution for the buildings at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.