Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I'll be attending to a local Imdaar tournament on Saturday and while I am totally hooked on X-Wing, my gaming group mostly don't finds the time to play it with me - so I'm not as tactically prepared as I'd loved to be.

I'm thinking of running one of the following 'straight forward' Rebel builds...

a)
Red Squadron Pilot X2
Dagger Squadron Pilot, Advanced Sensors X2
= 100 pts

b)
Dagger Squadron Pilot, Fire-Control System, Heavy Laser Cannon X3
= 99 pts

While I have flown squadron 'a' in a tournament before (hitting 4th place of 9 players), I really like the raw power of squadron 'b' (4 attack dice all the time, free target locks), but only having three ships in play somewhat frightens me a bit.

Concerning the current tournament meta, which squadron would you prefer to play if you would be as moderately inexperienced in tournaments like me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Page
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love B's with HLC! But if you are trying to be competitive I would go with what you are comfortable/familiar with. Good Luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My first few tournaments I flew squad A. I like options, and A gives you tons of those. Everyone moving and firing at PS4. You get to choose the order in both firing and moving! I'd fly what your comfortable with, even though 3 HLC's has gotta be pretty sweet...

Don't forget to do the opponent-wiff-dice dance beforehand!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Frank
msg tools
Playing the Imdaar tourney this weekend. Using a squad I just built and feel pretty sure about with the few ships I have.

99PT squad

B-wing #1 - Blue Squad, Heavy Laser Canon
B-wing #2 - Blue Squad, Fire Control System
X-wing - Rookie, R2-F2
A-wing - Green Squad, PTL

Good luck to you!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Derksen
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
designer
armoredgear7.net
badge
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster dockingbay416.com/campaign
mbmbmbmbmb
rashktah wrote:
Hi!

I'll be attending to a local Imdaar tournament on Saturday and while I am totally hooked on X-Wing, my gaming group mostly don't finds the time to play it with me - so I'm not as tactically prepared as I'd loved to be.

I'm thinking of running one of the following 'straight forward' Rebel builds...

a)
Red Squadron Pilot X2
Dagger Squadron Pilot, Advanced Sensors X2
= 100 pts

b)
Dagger Squadron Pilot, Fire-Control System, Heavy Laser Cannon X3
= 99 pts

While I have flown squadron 'a' in a tournament before (hitting 4th place of 9 players), I really like the raw power of squadron 'b' (4 attack dice all the time, free target locks), but only having three ships in play somewhat frightens me a bit.

Concerning the current tournament meta, which squadron would you prefer to play if you would be as moderately inexperienced in tournaments like me?

Despite how awesome 3xHLC is, it's the same number of attack dice as four ships, and you don't get extra hull and agility dice out of the deal.

"Bloody Daggers" (Squad A) is a good because it is both resilient and flexible. Advanced Sensors will help you cover blind spots and dogfight with more agile opponents, and against larger targets you can still gang all four ships up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gram
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have been using A, but I modified mine after using it a few times. I dropped the second x-wing and added a Y-wing with an Ion Cannon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Portage wrote:
I have been using A, but I modified mine after using it a few times. I dropped the second x-wing and added a Y-wing with an Ion Cannon.
But then you'd have to drop the Y-Wing from 4 pilot skill to 2 pilot skill, right?

I really like my 'simple' squadrons to be at the same level of piloting skill so that I can choose which ship to move when.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.