Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, do any of you know any companies that sell blank boards that are good quality? You know, with tapes edges in custom sizes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I've bought some junk thrift store games for the purpose of covering over them with an adhesive sheet to make a different board. Eagle Games also makes the Game Designer Toolkit (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/24246) that comes with a board, but I don't know what it's like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy old board games at a thrift store. Throw away everything but the board (well, I also keep the dice, tiles, and pawns). Cover the old playing surface with full sized label sheets and trim the board to size...or trim to size first, then cover, and ...voila!...you now have a blank board. Tape the cut edges with electrical tape if desired.

Sometimes the old game board will be semi-visible under the label sheets, so you can either put another layer of labels on, or perhaps a coat of primer paint on the old board before you stick the label sheets.

I've seen blank boards for sale somewhere (sorry...I can't recall the site), but my method is 1/5 to 1/10 the cost.

edit). Agh...skelebone beat me to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with above guys. You can buy thrift store boards a whole lot cheaper than anything else you find online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Bridges
United States
Los Altos
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't want to go the thrift store route, you can buy painter canvases from a craft store (e.g., Michael's). I bought two for $9 or $10 total that were about the right size. The canvas works really well as a flexible "hinge."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cid Sugioka
United States
West New York
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a couple of sites with blank boards (found these a short while back when trying to find pawns and blank dice...I didn't even realize there were blank game boards available for sale at the time):

http://bgdf.com/catalog/

part of the Board Game Designers Forum site. they have a fixed 20x20 quad-fold gameboard for $3.25 (along with a few other supplies).

http://www.boardgamedesign.com/

much more expensive (boards start at $14.95 each) and are also at a fixed 20x20 quad-fold. You can order custom sizes but need a min order of 500. also have a lot of other supplies.

disclaimer: I have not ordered from either of these sites so I have no clue how reputable they are...

Cid

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Fuller
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
we have a teachers store in my area called Taps, they sell blanks boards and blank dice, money, spinners, plastic cubes, and lots more. (they actually have a game design isle) They may have a website if they are not in your area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.