Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmb

Tonight on GameNight! Nikki, Dave, Aaron and Lincoln play Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men from designers Mike Elliott and Eric M. Lang and published by WizKids.

Please subscribe to us on YouTube - with more subscribers we get more freedom in how to run the channel.

http://youtube.com/boardgamegeektv
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Morgan
United States
Freedom
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
this game is getting so much buzz. I like the game the only thing i hate is that it is utterly impossible to find in a store a.k.a. at retail pricing. I cant even try the game without spending double or triple the price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Wizkids vastly underestimated the demand for it and are printing more money copies as fast as possible. It will be much easier to find at sane prices soon.

Here's my one rules question - we probably did this wrong. When you roll a question mark symbol, which can function as any energy type, do you have to choose and assign an energy symbol to it as part of dice resolution, or can you wait until you need it later during attacks/defense, i.e. save it as a wild, and be able to use it to activate basically any Global ability that exists that turn? I think that way makes the question marks way too strong, but I couldn't find an answer on the game forums even after our play session.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
104 minute video for a 15 minute game?!? I don't have time to watch now, but I'm curious about this length.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
agentzen wrote:
I think Wizkids vastly underestimated the demand for it and are printing more money copies as fast as possible. It will be much easier to find at sane prices soon.

Here's my one rules question - we probably did this wrong. When you roll a question mark symbol, which can function as any energy type, do you have to choose and assign an energy symbol to it as part of dice resolution, or can you wait until you need it later during attacks/defense, i.e. save it as a wild, and be able to use it to activate basically any Global ability that exists that turn? I think that way makes the question marks way too strong, but I couldn't find an answer on the game forums even after our play session.

You can save it as a wild.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoyed how you showed how many decision points there are in this game. It's not typically a brain-burner but you showed there is some thought processes involved.

Also, unless I missed it, the ? can only be assigned to an energy side, not a sidekick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
polychrotid wrote:
104 minute video for a 15 minute game?!? I don't have time to watch now, but I'm curious about this length.

Well, they do the rules, a basic game, some discussion about boosters, then a longer length game. Due to the costs of the characters they picked, it took an hour for the second game. Most of my games typically run about 45 minutes with the 8/20 setup, so it's not too far off IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was lucky enough to find two sets of this when it came out at Target!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vee the Great
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
The thing we need is never all that hard to find.
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks so fun. I don't think it's out in Australia? I think pre-orders are up online but I'm not sure... when... they will get around to it. :\ hmmm. I might put one in anyway. I looks like it's really hard to get at the moment.

I love the post-credits scene! Haha. Congrats guys! And may I say how much you all seemed to be enjoying yourself in this video!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Smith
United States
South Saint Paul
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice video! My 8 year old son and I absolutely love this game. It seems like everyone that I introduce to it loves it as well. There are just so many strategies and options to choose from, both during and prior to the game. Wizkids better get these into stores soon.

I have never really gotten into collectible card games, but I really like how cheap booster packs are for this one. It makes it an easy reward for my son when he does well in school, or completes chores. And as a hidden bonus I get to enjoy the reward right along with him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched the last 15 minutes I skipped earlier, because someone said there was a funny after the credits.

I'm glad Lincoln and Dave ended up winning, because they missed 2 opportunities to use Thor and capture Hulk to end the game either of those two previous turns.

Again, I enjoyed it very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Lee
United States
Forest Hills
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked how Ogre was stalking quietly in the background with every cut to Aaron/Nikki - hopefully se2ep9?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboardjunkie wrote:

I'm glad Lincoln and Dave ended up winning, because they missed 2 opportunities to use Thor and capture Hulk to end the game either of those two previous turns.

I realized somewhere in there that they had totally forgotten about that Thor ability, but I wasn't gonna remind them! devil They did get their deserved win anyway. Thanks for watching!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greydt wrote:
I liked how Ogre was stalking quietly in the background with every cut to Aaron/Nikki - hopefully se2ep9?

And the gigantic Tantive IV for X-Wing. 2 grossly oversized products just lurking back there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Clymer
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
polychrotid wrote:

They played the game as 4-player team battle. Any game that has an element of cooperative play in it adds to a significant increase of table talk about strategy and counter-strategy. Thus the length. They also play multiple rounds and then have a discussion about the game following the game play and a rules explanation preceding the play. Not too shocked at the length given all of that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Kauk
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BEST GAME EVER!!!!

Thanks for the great video

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So my daughter and I were sitting around watching this and my daughter got a puzzled look on her face and I asked her why. Seems, she couldn't quite place Dave, but she had seen him somewhere before and it was driving her nuts.

Finally about 10 minutes later she grabbed the laptop and started watching Good Luck Charlie, and she said, HA! I knew I knew who that was and she handed it to me and sure enough there Dave was managing the Kwikki Chikki.

So Dave, you've got a fan for both tv shows and web shows.

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McCormick
England
Carlisle
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that Geddy Lee?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddie M.
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right off the bat: Loving your shirt Lincoln. I wore it to the X-Men premiere myself
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Rupp
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can everyone else only watch in 240p? Don't mean to sound like a jerk, but that's never been the case for the other videos... just curious.

Thanks, GameNight guys and gal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Herbert
United Kingdom
Fakenham
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just started to watch this and it's 240p here as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmb
That's odd. It was available in resolutions up to 1080p. Need to look into it.

Thanks for the note.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmb
Weird, I just tested the page in Internet Explorer 11 and it does all of the resolutions, but I still have only 280p on Chrome. I'll have to see if I can figure out what is up.

Lincoln

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Seems to be intermittent - I tried it 2 separate windows and got different results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Albano
United States
Bloomfield
NJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. I was able to view it on Google Chrome at the highest resolution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.