Carl Hintze
Sweden
flag msg tools
There are worse burdens...
badge
Cool Cat!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

I have a complete set, and mutiples of all commons and uncommons.

Now im looking at making 2 decks with the cards i have that are equaly matched and shows of the base mechanics of the game.
Im thinking of the 6 characters per player format.

Do any of you have any good setups/decks for this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Byrd
United States
Neptune
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been thinking about the same thing. Here are some that I use with 4 characters each:

Beast 666, Gambit (3 or 5 cost), Storm (3 Cost), Cyclops (If Looks Could Kill), I also use Teamwork (bootlegged, obviously) the first OP participation card that gives each character +1/1 for each other teammate in play.
- This is a classic X-Men deck, use weanies to stabilize the board, then finish with Cyclops or Teamwork. After a play or two I add in one of the Phoenix's to introduce Globals.

Another team I use is Avengers based:
Tsarina, Hawkeye (3 Cost w/ First Strike), Nick Fury- Patch, and Hulk (6 cost). There's not really a strong basic action for this team, so probably just Gearing Up or the Direct Damage one to combo with Hulk. This one is just a strait Black Widow rush deck with Fury to back it up. If the Beasts stabilize, maybe Hulk can jump in and cause some trouble.

These decks fit the Avengers v. X-Men theme and seem to be pretty interesting and balanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
badge
Cheap as chips
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd reduce it to four charatcers each so that there isn't an overwhelming number of choices to begin with. 2-3 dice on each. Ranges of costs from 2-6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The starter set up from the manual seems like a good spot to start. Adding any other characters without global effects are good for new players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Alvin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BigIV wrote:
The starter set up from the manual seems like a good spot to start. Adding any other characters without global effects are good for new players.

I agree with this.

Keep the Cap/Beast and Spidey/Torch but add in maybe a 6cost to each side and maybe a 3 or another 4?

The question is should you add in the missing energy types to each side? a bolt/fist for caps side and a mask/shield to the spidey side.

Not sure if i agree with No Globals. maybe by game 3 or 4 you want to introduce those. i have found its awakward teaching people to keep un-used energy in their reserve until the beginning of their next turn. "well why is it there?" "you may use it for something else." "like what" "well... nothing here now..." .

Cap/Beast + #37 Colossus + #45 Green Goblin
Spidey/Torch + #43 Gambit + #41 Doc Oc

Throw in #28 Gearing Up Basic Action to round out to four actions (along with inner rage, thrown car, force beam)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wheels
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cazzmataz wrote:
Hello

I have a complete set, and mutiples of all commons and uncommons.

Now im looking at making 2 decks with the cards i have that are equaly matched and shows of the base mechanics of the game.
Im thinking of the 6 characters per player format.

Do any of you have any good setups/decks for this?

I'm waiting to get some more cards, but I'm certainly interested in this as well. I think, at least to begin with, my friends won't want to deck build so I'd like to have a few 'pre-made' decks that we can pick from to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.