Bill Cauble
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just starting to digest my first play, first scenario and couldn't find clarifications on if Light and/or Heavy vehicles block LOS from infantry to infantry. E.g. a halftrack advances up and creates a wall/barrier between two opposing infantry units. The halftrack is in good order, not flipped.

I didn't see this covered. Only that infantry block infantry for LOS and vehicles block for vehicles. Did I miss something? I am referring to v1.1 of the rules and also checked 1.0. I ask this, as I know the destroyed side of Light & Heavy vehicles block LOS regardless of what is trying to see through it. Why wouldn't that same block apply to the good ordered side? If possible, please mention the rules reference, so I can go back and re-read if possible to find out where I missed this.

I reviewed the DPG web site and BGG forum as best I could before asking this. Sorry if a duplicate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
caublbil wrote:
Just starting to digest my first play, first scenario and couldn't find clarifications on if Light and/or Heavy vehicles block LOS from infantry to infantry. E.g. a halftrack advances up and creates a wall/barrier between two opposing infantry units. The halftrack is in good order, not flipped.

I didn't see this covered. Only that infantry block infantry for LOS and vehicles block for vehicles. Did I miss something? I am referring to v1.1 of the rules and also checked 1.0. I ask this, as I know the destroyed side of Light & Heavy vehicles block LOS regardless of what is trying to see through it. Why wouldn't that same block apply to the good ordered side? If possible, please mention the rules reference, so I can go back and re-read if possible to find out where I missed this.

I reviewed the DPG web site and BGG forum as best I could before asking this. Sorry if a duplicate.

I believe that infantry don't block LOS if the attacker or a target is a vehicle. With no such mention about vehicles I must assume that vehicles block LOS in all situations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the only thing it says on the rules is that "Infantry units do not block line of sight if the target or the unit firing is a vehicle."
So I assume that infantry blocks LOS when an infantry unit wants to shoot to another infantry unit and that all vehicles block LOS always.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pascal bons
France
les moitiers d'allonne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As seen in the trictrac tv : vehicles do block LOS for infantry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monsieur Bons wrote:
As seen in the trictrac tv : vehicles do block LOS for infantry.

and for vehicles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pascal bons
France
les moitiers d'allonne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, nothing in the rulebook, but a wreck is an obstacle for los purpose, so I would say that vehicles do block LOS for vehicles...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monsieur Bons wrote:
Well, nothing in the rulebook, but a wreck is an obstacle for los purpose, so I would say that vehicles do block LOS for vehicles...

That is the point, the rulebook states about infantry only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KOSZO A.
msg tools
mb
Hi,

That's right, i will add it in the 1.1c version.

"Vehicles block LoS of infantry units and vehicles."

Thank you, have a good day !

Axel, Community Manager DPG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.