Bob Long
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
like to give a shout out to Brain coltsfan76 for his thoughts, im new to this series and would really like to buy a winter/desert board, I know you really dont need it but like to play this with my students and grandson and believe a desert and snow board would look great and give more realism to the game

But because I really don't like to spend money....just wanted to know...

If I buy Breakthrough board, could I play the regular scenarios?

Do I need both boards?

Really want to eventually expand out with some larger scenarios.

Thanks for the advice, eventually want to get Med, Pacific, maybe more terrain and equipment later on

Picked up base game in a trade and purchased East Front and Winter Wars expansion.

Thanks for the advice and anything that you are willing to share would be appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you just use 9 rows of the breakthrough boards they work for regular scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
buseyhead wrote:
...Do I need both boards?

Yes, you do need them both. Pony up the cash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked the same question a while ago.
Memoir is an amazing abstract game that allow us players to play assuming everything....
BUT
Is quite more amazing with the proper stuff!
You CAN play regulars on breakthrough maps of course but you have to orient them orizontally and mark the red side lines someway.
Money are an hard matter for me toocry though winter/desert maps are quite cheap.....I'm still waiting To be able to buy the terrain pack!
Meanwhile I play mixing winter wars/battlelore tiles!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.