Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Need a new dice bag and didn't want to mar the tyvek because it'll be collectible someday. So, for a while, my wife was using an old sock and I was using a suitable bag that once held pillowcases or something. Wanted to make something better.

It occurred to me that the dollar store was my best bet. I picked up even numbers of the superhero wash clothes. I have one that is Avengers themed, Cap, Hulk, Thor on one side and Hawekey with a S.H.I.E.L.D. logo on the back. My other bag is Unlimited Spidey, White Tiger, and Iron Fist on one side and a Black Spider on the other. That's just me.

These clothes come shrunk into a little square and have to be sunk in water to reshape. Lots of fun to watch. Not good wash clothes, but I enjoy watering them.

I paired them up Avengers and Spider themed. Placed them face together. They already have hemmed edges. They're nearly the same size, but not perfectly and that doesn't really matter. I did a quick seam on three sides with the sewing machine.

Viola. Quick and easy dice bag. Not counting the ten minutes. $2.00 a dice bag. $4 for a pair ($3 for mine because I already had one of the wash clothes in the drawer that wasn't being used).

Since so many of us seem excited about Cow Cow and ArtsCow cheap play mats, I thought some folks would like to know what I think is the cheapest custom build dice bag.

I'd take pictures, but they just look like wash rags in the photos and I can't figure out to shoot them to show off their size, ample opening, and both sides. But it's a v-shaped sack. You'll be able to imagine it.

Besides using an old sock, can you think up a dice bag cheaper than $2.00?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
the 2 that came with the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the cheapest dice vomit bag?

DrWhoWho wrote:
the 2 that came with the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Grimes
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/147388

1.99 a bag
if you buy just 2 and nothing else you get free shipping(or at least i did with the last 2 sets i bought)

EDIT: guess they changed it just tried to order another 2 and shipping is now $3. o well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Sebulik wrote:
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/147388

1.99 a bag
if you buy just 2 and nothing else you get free shipping(or at least i did with the last 2 sets i bought)

You can also find quite a few dice bags on Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Stewart
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For casual play I use plastic Marvel treat sacks that I bought at Target in the kids' party section. I think they were $1.60 for eight bags with Marvel characters on them. They would not be good for serious play because they show the color of the dice when pressed against the side of the bag, but for games against the wife and kids they are fine.

For people who are planning to pay for a dice bag and don't mind not having Marvel characters on it, the bag that comes with GOLO might be nice. That game itself is also fun now and then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Verhelst
Canada
Edmonton
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are rather cheap at my FLGS.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Marema
United States
Ellisville
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I grabbed a few of these and they work great. Of course it helps the cost when I can just go pick it up from them since I live in St. Louis.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/chxc2396.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kids party lolly(candy) bags. About 50c to $1 for 10 or more. If you are lucky you might be able to get the character bags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed G.
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A plastic bag from the grocery store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two airline sick bags? Now there's an idea ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use those ziplock foil bags that some snacks and coffee powder are packaged in..works perfect!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bryant
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If u are in the UK, Primark sell marvel branded wash mitts. They are £1 and perfect. I have Spider-Man ones but they also have Cap America and Iron Man ones too. I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Judnick
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
My friend found a T-Shirt in a "lost and found" bin, cut the sleeves off, and tied some tight knots on one end of each.

I happened to have some Crown Royal bags laying around.

If I didn't have the Crown bags, I thought about using a sock, but then decided that 2 bags for under 10$ at a FLGS is not going to break the bank, and allows me to support a local business.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oddly, the local games shops I've visited don't carry cheap dice bags. One had no bags. One only had some high end leather which were nice but out of my budget at the moment. If Dice Masters takes off, hopefully they'll start selling impulse buy dice bags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
BigIV wrote:
Oddly, the local games shops I've visited don't carry cheap dice bags. One had no bags. One only had some high end leather which were nice but out of my budget at the moment. If Dice Masters takes off, hopefully they'll start selling impulse buy dice bags.

I ended up ordering these off Amazon, 12 bags for under $8 if you have Prime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvir
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I picked up two of these from ebay. $1.90 US + free shipping each. They're sized to fit ipad minis, but I think they are sized just right for general board gaming purposes (for Dice Masters, Monster Cup, etc.).

You can get them here:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1PC-Soft-Cloth-Sleeve-Velvet-Case-Bag...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Lavender
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
Klaatu barada nikto.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the same ones to use for various games like Cube Quest and MDM. They are a cheap, canvas-like fabric and the colors are little funky (I did not get red, mine came with pink), but they work well for the need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.