Popular Tags: [View All]
andrea melegari
Italy
parma
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,
I would need some suggestions to complete an order. I am looking for a good euro with some clever mechanics , smooth gameplay, not too long with a good amount of player interaction.

I am looking in some good oldies that i mAy have missed or something very new. Some titles i am considering: archon glory and machination, euphoria, sail to India , havana, sewer pirates, praetor, snowdonia...

Thx x any contributions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Moses II
United States
Hixson
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Concordia

But you are a bit late. And because it was good it sold out I think. Maybe not all of the way but at a lot of places.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ys xxx
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Concordia should still be available in Europe without problem.

Another game i would recommend is Troyes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrea melegari
Italy
parma
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have played concordia once and even if i quite liked it i prefer Navegador a bit more. I played Troyes too a few months ago but for some reason it didn't worked in my group perhaps because of a very poor explanation of the rules. I must give it a 2nd try
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Moses II
United States
Hixson
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good. I own but have not tried Navegador.

Lewis & Clark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glass Road

Clever mechanics: the resource dials that convert goods, simultaneous role selection.

Smooth gameplay: four rounds that consist of choosing 5 cards and playing 3 of them.

Not too long: around an hour.

Player interaction: overlaps in role-selection can help (if your role is picked you get a free action) or hurt (if your role is picked you might have to use it before you're ready; if someone else has the role you picked you lose an action), there's some interaction in getting the (unique) buildings you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Easy, Alien Frontiers is a a great example of what a modern board game should be. It's a smooth blend of mechanics and has lots of player interaction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
I see you don't have any of these yet: Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar, Lancaster and Snowdonia. All are good - very good. I'll support the advice to get Troyes as well. That's the best one suggested here imo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Duvall
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Actually, Concordia is on sale at Cardhaus.com as part of their summer sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P.D. Magnus
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend Macao. The basic gameplay is clever and unique. The core mechanism requires planning and punishes poor resource management in a unique way. There's luck, in the role of the dice and in which cards come up -- enough so that you have to adapt, but not so much as to drown out the strategy. There's player interaction, in the draft and in timing of deliveries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrea melegari
Italy
parma
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
thx x your ideas!I 'll give troyes a second chance , re-learning the rules and trying it out on boardgamearena...

Snowdonia and macao really seems interesting. Feld is perhaps my fav designer. I didn't care for Macao untile now because i thought the game was a bit too fiddly, too combos and too prone to AP with all the text on the cards. But i have seen there is a good italian translation of them and since it's the only Alea/Feld i'm missing it could fill the gap!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.