Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Hey folks!

See above the line for the concept, see below for the mechanics

Now I have just ordered the game and am really looking forward to playing it. Now I've been seeing alot of disdain about the little cubes representing heroes and the whole dying after doing a quest thing. (honestly I find it makes sense, your just simply hiring someone to do something for you and after all's done they simply part ways with you looking to do other adventury stuff)

Blablablabala, I think the theme is cool, I'll just get to the idea that will maybe enhance it some more...hehe

What you have is special characters who come through water deep every so often. There available for hire and being standouts from your general 1+ pts hero's you want to get them before everyone else does.

As there special you'll have to pay a certain price for them, perhaps add a special upkeep mechanic to keep these 'more special, quality' folks around...but you'll be willing to pay that price because...worker placement reasons!

Otherwise I think this would just be a great way to add another layer, that isn't too resource intensive. I think this would be a good way to interact with all of the systems as they are (intrigue/quests/agent placement/corruption) for example acting as 2+ of a warrior when a quest comes up or being able to block an assasination, or just having a nefarious fellow who is good at doing corruption related stuff.
------------------------------------------------

Have a store that is shuffled every turn (like the quest but at the end of the turn the all of the slots...lets say theirs 7 or you could have some RNG to determine this, but this doesn't matter as much) maybe the shuffling idea is a very bad one, maybe just treat them more like the quest cards..all the same!

What you get is cards that pertain to special heroes of the d&d universe (don't know much about all of that but this doesn't matter that much either)

What happens is when you go to buy certain heroes to fulfil certain quests you can pay the extra gold to grab a special character card.

Now what happens:

You have a cube + a hero card stating that whenever you activate the card you simply spend the cube like you normally would do. Perhaps make some sort of upkeep system were you have to give up 1 or 2 coins a round to keep the hero around until you manage to fulfill the quest.

You'll have an incentive to have this hero because worker placement reasons and I think it would add alot of theme to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Variant Forum
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
I just sent a message to a mod, see about fixing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Variants
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.