Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph West
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have any idea on the availability for Warhammer 40k Conquest at GenCon? In other words, based on past releases with Fantasy Flight, should we expect it to be a challenge to get copies or is it expected they'll bring plenty of copies because it's one of the games they are pushing?

I know last year Pathfinder by Paizo was hard to get, but was readily available the week I returned. That's great and all, but I would really like to take advantage of the release at GenCon just because of the opportunity to get some pick-up games in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven riola

joliet
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm betting that it'll nearly sell out before doors open because of reviewers, retailers, etc and they'll let people buy stupid amounts of copies like usual instead of limiting it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt this will sell as fast as Netrunner did when it came out but I would not expect it to sit there for much longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It will sell out immediately. Very similar to A:NR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Dove
United States
Las Animas
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be trolling ebay looking for an overpriced advanced copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rayne Smith
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully, they limit everyone to two copies, but if you want a copy then I recommend you going to their booth as soon as the doors open.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
They should limit everyone to one copy, cause I always thought point of these advanced release is to create exposure via word of mouth marketing, not indulge grabasses that need 4 copies to play "for reals" or ebay them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark63 wrote:
They should limit everyone to one copy, cause I always thought point of these advanced release is to create exposure via word of mouth marketing, not indulge grabasses that need 4 copies to play "for reals" or ebay them out.

Nothing creates word-of-mouth marketing like huge shortages that scream, "Look how in demand this game is!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Idaho11 wrote:
Dark63 wrote:

Nothing creates word-of-mouth marketing like huge shortages that scream, "Look how in demand this game is!"

Pretty much this. Every GenCon news story last year made mention of "Netrunner sells out in 10 minutes." They had to express ship additional copies just so that players who registered for their Icebreaker Tournament had the actual game in hand to play with. As the saying goes, you couldn't buy that kind of publicity. FFG admittedly underestimated the demand for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thearkhammonk wrote:
I'm betting that it'll nearly sell out before doors open because of reviewers, retailers, etc and they'll let people buy stupid amounts of copies like usual instead of limiting it.

Are you grabbing a copy? I'm hoping to get 1 but I have to get to the Netrunner tourney. If the line isn't moving I'm going to have to bail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven riola

joliet
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
captainraffi wrote:
thearkhammonk wrote:

Are you grabbing a copy? I'm hoping to get 1 but I have to get to the Netrunner tourney. If the line isn't moving I'm going to have to bail.

I'm hoping to get one.
I doubt they'll limit it to two copies per person, as with Netrunner I saw people carrying 4 or 5 copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hall
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoy the Warhammer 40K fiction and universe, so I'll make a bee-line for their booth and try to get a copy, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Nogueira
Portugal
flag msg tools
How much time does it usually take from GenCon availability to retail?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Avers
United States
Elmore
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
captainraffi wrote:
thearkhammonk wrote:

Hopefully they'll do the card system like they did last year. Where they went back through the line checking to see what people wanted, and handed them cards that would reserve a copy until like 5 PM so you could go do other things instead of standing in the queue. The number of cards they had was linked to how many copies they had.

You'd be limited to one-per-person, and so couldn't double-down on anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Malette
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BGFrancisco wrote:
How much time does it usually take from GenCon availability to retail?

Most things they release at gencon hit store shelves around a month later. I would expect a mid to late September release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Hohberger
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the Thread necro, but I'd like to know - how long did it take for Conquest to sell out at Gen Con last year? And when was the general release (in the US/in Europe)?

Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They were there well into the second day when I bought my third core, maybe even the next day. Not sure how many they had. General release took about one to two months if I recall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Hohberger
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
They were there well into the second day when I bought my third core, maybe even the next day. Not sure how many they had. General release took about one to two months if I recall.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:

We were at Gencon Thursday and got right in the FFG line. By 11am as they handed out the "reservation" cards and got to us in line Conquest was already out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewabair wrote:
kelann08 wrote:

We were at Gencon Thursday and got right in the FFG line. By 11am as they handed out the "reservation" cards and got to us in line Conquest was already out.

And they brought more out as the con went. I definitely bought one on Friday from a giant pile of them creatively stacked. FFG has storage in the convention hall, they don't set out every copy of everything they bring on the first day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.