William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I've been trying to track down a specific article about a Speed Circuit variant and I've come across a few other articles from All Star Replay(ASR) (that I haven't seen indexed anywhere) and thought I'd provide them for those interested.

(1) ASR Vol 1 No 2 - "Speed Circuit - Souped Up " by Mark J. Maticek
Provides optional rules for Pits, Weather & Qualifying as well as providing the 1977 Season F1 cars translated to F1 mechanics and includes 2 circuits Nevilles & Kalalami. (Which I believe were later released in the Accessory Expansion packs for the AH version of Speed Circuit). Lauda vs. Hunt rematch...anyone?

(2) ASR Vol 1 No 4 - "More Speed (Circuit) " by Mark J. Maticek
Article provides statistics for the 1978 Formula 1 Season cars and their drivers.

(3) ASR Vol 2 No 1 - "Super Speed Circuit" by Dave Pickering
Article provides rules on how to make Speed Circuit more realistic. It starts off with Qualifying then in to Money Rules for Campaigning a season, then offering strategies, tips on designing courses and an Alternate Hazards Table.

(4) ASR Vol 2 No 2 - "Tuning Up for Victory" by Dr. Rich Oksas
Describes his techniques for setting up his cars, as well as providing a variety of statistics for other "classed" cars such as Formula 3, Indy Cars, Can AM. Six classes in all.

(5) ASR Vol 2 No 3 - "Speed Circuit Update" by Mark J. Maticek
Article provides an over view of the years(1979)dramatic changes in Formula 1. Namely the advent of Ground Effects. With a rule option for recreating the new F1 cars increased handling speeds and provides statistics for the 1979 F1 cars that season.

(6) ASR Vol 2 No 3 - "Driving to Win" by J. L. Burnett
Analyzes SC Racing and provides some rules changes for Spin offs, Slip-streaming and chance. As well as clarifications for Corners.

(7) ASR Vol 3 No 1 - "Autopia" by Leonard Carpenter.
This article provides some notes and track overlays to combine the Monza, Monaco and Watkins Glen tracks into one mega track, with the option of being able to be run in both directions.

(8) ASR Vol 3 No 2 - "Fast and Loose" by Alan R. Moon.
Provides the thought process and rules for putting "the personal touch" in to Speed Circuit in the way of "Driver Luck". Oh lament all yee strategy purists!

(9) ASR Vol 3 No 3 - "Grand Prix - The Classic Years 1950-1958"
ASR Vol 4 No 2 - "1959: A Year of Transition" by Dr. Rich Oksas

Provides a bit of historic info on these great vintage racing years with the likes of Fangio, Hill & Hawthorn and provides statistics for playing these era cars in Speed Circuit.

(10) ASR Vol 4 No 5 - "More Laps in Speed Circuit" - by J. L. Burnett
Article on navigating tracks cleanly and quickly. Included analysis of 12 circuits. Car setups and the Detroit circuit is provided. Two additional articles, one a fantasy race between historical figures and a breakdown of the (real) Inaugural Detroit GP.

I believe this is all of them. Feed back/corrections are welcome.

I might add these to the Game Description section that includes the "General" articles index as well.

~Will
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
Floydski wrote:
ASR Vol 1 No 2 - "More Speed (Circuit) " by Mark J. Maticek provides statistics for the 1978 Formula 1 Season cars and their drivers.

Thank you for the index. I would like to point to a little error. The article mentioned above was published in Vol 1 No 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Henderson
Cayman Islands
Grand Cayman
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
All editions of All-Star Replay are posted in the Yahoo Group for it, here: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/AllStarReplayMagazine/in...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thank you guys!

Berthhold I fixed the article reference.

Alex thanks for that! I also found them (and The General issues with Speed Circuit articles) here:

http://www.vftt.co.uk/ah_mags.asp?ProdID=PDF_ASR

~Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony La Morte
United States
Chippewa Lake
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else try the qualifying formula in All-Star Replay Vol 2 no. 1.
They do not calculate out properly.
Crossing the line in 14 moves should be faster then in 15 moves and 9 spaces.
Just saying.
I will look at it closer later and see where the error is.
Regards,
Tony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Stern
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Also someone recently stored them and posted all 19 of them on a google drive...

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxjVfDiu6sSfVXJod196...

and they are here on a UK ASL site.....
http://www.vftt.co.uk/ah_mags.asp?ProdID=PDF_ASR

Note even the inserts are here!!
-Mitch
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.