Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Butler
Canada
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So we played our first game of Epic Death today and had a blast. We ended with a few questions:

1) Is there a hand limit for fate cards? For example, if you are the active player and have 3 fate cards in your hand, when you complete your quest, do you draw the number of fate cards equal to the reward? Or just up to 5 cards? If you have more than 5 fate cards in your hand at the end of your turn do you discard down to 5?

2) Marked for Death in the Epic Quest phase. If I am the active player, what happens if I play a Marked for Death on one of my own characters before I fail an epic quest? Can I play Marked for Death on one character, and use the epic quest fail to kill another?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lamont
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Hey Luke!

Glad you had a good time with it

1a) There is no hand limit.
1b) If you successfully complete a Quest/Epic Quest you only draw the number of Fate cards listed on the card. This is to stop people from just playing all their Fate cards every turn, and also to slow down a player that is doing really well.

2) If you play a Deadly card on one of your own Adventurers and you fail the Quest/Epic Quest, the Adventurer targeted by the Deadly card must be the one that dies.

Hope that helps, let us know if you have any more questions!

-Sam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kip Kwiatkowski
United States
Bethel Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Stop it! That tickles! :P
mbmbmbmbmb
Xavarir wrote:

2) Marked for Death in the Epic Quest phase. If I am the active player, what happens if I play a Marked for Death on one of my own characters before I fail an epic quest? Can I play Marked for Death on one character, and use the epic quest fail to kill another?

What he is trying to say is that There is ONLY 1 Death. If you don't play a Marked For Death card, then you may choose. If a Marked for death card is played, then the party member that it is played on MUST die.

This opens up 2 routes for strategy:

1) Play it on an Opponent's card that has a lot of FAIL POINTS attached to it, so that no more EPIC POINTS can be attached to cancel out the fail before the fail gets counted.

2) Play it on your OWN party, to block other players from deciding which one dies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.