Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lane Taylor
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I finally got my new group to try some pick up/deliver games (played Steam last week), and they are interested in trying this to compare.

I've been reviewing the rules, but it's been at least a year since I've played, and I only had half a dozen plays or so before.

Since shipping is one action, and only one type of good can be shipped/action, it seems like it might be more efficient to specialize in trying to get just a couple of routes setup, and the airship capacity, to ship a couple of types of goods, at least early game. Once city demands start filling up, there's no control over what the next demand might be, so at that point, one would be forced to extend rail/depot lines (or pay other players) to continue to specialize, or diversify and deal with what comes up.

Any thoughts on this? It seems in the few games I've played (all 5-6 players), I was mostly reacting to the board and other players, and simply took what I could get as it came along. I realize sometimes that's really all one can do, especially in a hectic game with lots of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.