Popular Tags: [View All]
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Intern Agent Skaak peeked carefully around a dune in the desert surrounding the GD headquarters, specialized stun gun at the ready (modified by the egg-heads using some of the secrets they managed to discover while studying the alien weapons). GD HQ had not been happy to discover that a renegade Xeno-Beta was skulking around their base, but despite sending numerous more qualified agents out to catch the creature there had been no sightings since.

Certain that the thing still lurked about, they finally decided to send Skaak again, reasoning that if the Beta had approached him once, it might do so again. But this time, instead of returning with a bit of burnt-up claw, Skaak was determined to bring back the Beta himself. Alive, and ready for questioning.

Seeing nothing past the dune, Skaak swiftly rolled forward, sending up a puff of dust and settling behind a withered cactus. He scanned the area ahead, hardly daring to breathe. Still nothing.

Oddly, however, the desert appeared to be glowing slightly blue. Skaak's grip tightened on his stun gun. What sort of alien devilry was this?

"What we hunt?" rasped a voice right by his ear, as an alien blaster (the source of the blue glow) edged into his peripheral vision.

With a squeal like a high school cheerleader who has just learned her best friend was asked out by football star Hunky McHunkerton, Skaak levitated upwards, spinning about in mid-air. Somewhere near the apex of his flight the stun-gun slipped from his grasp and was catapulted out into the desert.

Crouched behind Skaak and somehow managing to look quizzical, was the rogue Xeno-Beta.

"No more hunt?" asked the Beta and, shrugging, stood up and slung its blaster along its leg. "Try no shriek next time."

"I, uh, well...good idea," managed Skaak lamely. Given his current unarmed state, he didn't think it a good idea to tell the Xeno-Beta it was his target.

"Know what human need!" exclaimed the Beta excitedly. "Xeno-Beta just finish, much good luck. When hunt, human need know what encountering." Before Skaak could so much as flinch, the Beta reached past him, tore a limb off the nearby cactus, scratched out a word, and thrust it at Skaak.

"Try again, you like!" insisted the Beta, before teleporting away in a flurry of dust.

As the dust cleared, Skaak stared down at the withered piece of cactus, already knowing what he would see.

Sure enough, it read XENOBETA.COM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mato Sato
Germany
Plankstadt
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mb
Oh my god, this is awesome. Thank you so much for this timesaver

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MaliZeko wrote:
Oh my god, this is awesome. Thank you so much for this timesaver

Let me know if you run into any bugs! The Close Encounter tracker should make things pretty easy (particularly if you are swapping back and forth with the event tracker, since then it will automatically resolve special event additions to the close encounter deck).

Note, too, that if you are of the camp that likes to use the "All aliens" card until it crops up, you can remove (or re-add) it at any time by switching back to the Mission tab and toggling the relevant option; you don't have to set things up beforehand and then never change them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your work! I'm going to have to take it for a spin this weekend!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AI Palm
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice! Event card section was brilliant. Looking forward to try this version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AI Palm
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Suggestion: working in the danger variant cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aipalm wrote:
Suggestion: working in the danger variant cards

I couldn't think of a good way to handle this in the UI (and wasn't sure if all that many people were likely to use them, since they're a promo), so I left it out for this version. I'll give it some thought, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lindberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Very nice. It would also be nice with a variant to add kickstarter exclusives into the campaign but I realise it would be quite alot of work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mosep wrote:
Very nice. It would also be nice with a variant to add kickstarter exclusives into the campaign but I realise it would be quite alot of work.

The solution to this might actually be the same for arbitrary Close Encounter cards; in both cases I effectively need to allow adding or substituting arbitrary cards into the deck somehow (making UI specific to every possible card substitution would be overkill, methinks).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.