Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Driske
United Kingdom
Dunfermline
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading Kevin's explanation of the mechanics I am now completely sold on getting a copy, but I fear it will have a similar Worldwide distribution as two other title by smaller companies, Police Precinct and Agents of SMERSH for instance had little to no exposure in the UK - seeing as my birthday is on July 30th I would love this as a present but only see this happening if it gets released in the UK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Day
United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Should do:
It's not a kick starter game (phew!)
It has a license and will need a wide release to stand a chance of recouping the licence fee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure I saw this game on a UK distributor's pre-order list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Driske
United Kingdom
Dunfermline
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yugblad wrote:
I'm pretty sure I saw this game on a UK distributor's pre-order list.

Can you remember which distributor?, I have tried Amazon UK, Grimtree Games, IGUK, Gameslore, Shire Games, Green Knight Games, Spiral games, Book depository, Wayland Games and none have the X-files board game on their websites - given the game is what 3 to 7 weeks from release I am slightly concerned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's a July release in the US then it won't hit the UK until late August/September (if we're lucky). Unless it's a release of a game or system with a major amount of hype by a major company then the UK retailers often don't have the game up for pre-order.

No need to worry yet - although Esdevium don't always try too hard with new releases by smaller publishers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Driske
United Kingdom
Dunfermline
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
domus_ludorum wrote:
If it's a July release in the US then it won't hit the UK until late August/September (if we're lucky). Unless it's a release of a game or system with a major amount of hype by a major company then the UK retailers often don't have the game up for pre-order.

No need to worry yet - although Esdevium don't always try too hard with new releases by smaller publishers.

I agree completely, with smaller companies we either miss out completely ie Agents of S.M.E.R.S.H, Police Precinct, or we get it 6 months down the line - I guess I just remember when X-Files was massive, guess a decade since the last season its kinda old school now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pete truss
England
Bridgwater
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just seen it on Amazon uk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monkeys With Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
The game is available to pre-order from Monkeys With Fire:

http://www.monkeyswithfire.com/the-x-files

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojtek Kamusella
Poland
Kedzierzyn-Kozle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.