Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Bey
United States
Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ever since I first saw a picture of an E-Wing in a book many years ago, I've always wondered about that laser directly above the cockpit. How in the name of the Force would a pilot not be blinded by a laser brightly blazing directly in front of his eyes? And if the cockpit canopy darkens/polarizes with every shot, this would still diminish the pilot's field of view...

At least in Tie-Fighter designs, the laser points are below and removed from the pilot's direct line of vision.

But with the E-Wing, as soon as you start shooting, you might as well have a blind Han Solo behind the stick complaining about seeing nothing but big bright blurs in the battle.

cool

Has this ever been explained as to how it's an efficient design?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally my experience with laser tag has taught me that lasers aren't "Bright" nor do they hurt/obstruct my vision unless they are directed into my eyes...

On another note what's with the physics in space for this game. Don't they know that's not how they would really fly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seraph TC
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I guess the Pilot would primarily fly and shoot using instruments?

It's probably worth pointing out that there is no forward looking canopy on the HWK-290

The answer is simply 'It's Star Wars'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Korreck
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. Muzzle blasts aside, how about the actual cannon itself blocking the view? Or, how do you get in and out of the thing. Setting the cannon back solves your problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.