Hide
14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Board / card game played in pairs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scylla Opal
msg tools
Looking for a board or card game that can be played with 2-4 pairs of people. I am thinking of holding a couples/BFF game night where couples or pairs of friends play together to win against other couples/pairs of friends.

So far my best bet seems to be with a card game like bridge or cribbage, but I am looking forward to your creative responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander K
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think Montage is a partnership word game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah ...
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game one couple could play the zombies together and then another couple or two other couples could work together at the humans

I suppose most any game could work if couples want to play one character or player together ... but I'm sure that's not what you're looking for ... So, all that I could come up with is Last Night on Earth but I'm sure there will be many more answers to come ... I just normally game with one other person or three total ... I guess with another couple we play Catch Phrase! either couples against each other or guys against girls ... but that's not all that creative of a response but ... still it works
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Compatibility 15th Anniversary Edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael F
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
My job is not the day shift or the night shift, it's the always shift!
badge
I will chop your head off!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can get a hold of a copy, Fantastiqa is my favorite for this. At 4p, you play in teams of 2 that are trying to complete quests together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanne Beate
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know how easy it is for you to get hold of these, but they are my suggestions:

- Alias

- Talkin' Tango

They are both games where you play in pairs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ys xxx
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RoboRally can be played with 4 pairs and is a lot of fun in team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Niemann
Germany
Hagen a.T.W.
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
www.spielträumer.de
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorites in this category are:

Dog – easy to play, not too deep but fun, easy to teach to non-gamers as everyone is familiar to the concept

Mystery Rummy: Al Capone and the Chicago Underworld – familiar rummy mechanic, some tactical play, point scoring should work well in a tournament setting

Tichu – heavier than the other games, but well worth it in a gamer context; could take too long, but the scoring goal could be adjusted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Lazzaro

Schaumburg
Illinois
msg tools
Time's Up! or Time's Up! Title Recall!. We personally prefer Time's Up! Title Recall!, more available (I think)and it is great especially with 3-4 couples. Never tried with just 2 but it should still be fun.

Note: We love to play with 4 teams and after one game, switch the pairs up. We usually rotate and play 4 games, that probably takes 3-4 hours though, but it's just a lot of fun to us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Gabriel
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Tichu

Mage Wars Arena can be played in teams if you put two boards together. Perhaps to complex/expensive if this isn't something you plan to do regularly however you can get one set which has enough to make 4 spell books IIRC, though you will need a spell book expansion for the extra two spell books , a second set of markers, and a mock up of a second board… or two base sets.

Perhaps you could also pick a war game and have alliances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rack-O
Euchre
Hearts
Spades

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabi Games
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Time's Up! By far the best if you want a hilarious game. We like the original version best. If you want no laughs, then don't go for Time's Up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Ossar
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobody has mentioned Ladies & Gentlemen yet? If you want a game that really emphasizes the couples aspect, Ladies & Gentlemen could be just what you are looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrea melegari
Italy
parma
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Einfach genial is the best reccomendation i can give you . With 4 you play 2 vs 2.

Crokinole is another one of my fav but it' sa dexterity game.

I have found quite enjoyable the boss with the expansion. You play in 6 with 3 couple.

Last but not least armadora. A Little gem of a game and you can play 2 vs 2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.