Subject: Usefulness of Knight (Red I) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raphael G.
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ability of the Knight level 1 does not seem very useful as it won't trigger more than a couple of time, and maybe too late anyway to provide much benefit despite being a level 1 card.

Am I wrong or does someone find this card powerful enough to worth purchasing ?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen it used well, and used it myself, and think it's comparable to other cards but not necessarily a first turn pick.

Clearing an event can swing the game: it gives you 1VP, a rampart for defence, a bit of money, and pulls out a new event - and it happens in your free building action, so you can trigger that new event with a Ballista, clear it for VP with Bastion, or draw cards without fearing the old event.

Other bonuses don't directly translate to VP, and late-game, that can be important.

Generally you'll build 3 to 4 prestige buildings in a game, so you should plan to leave spaces to trigger the Knight, so you collect 3 to 4 extra VP and have more control over the events during the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael G.
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the comment

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.