Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Eisner
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
This is a poll for Kickstarter Backers of March of the Ants.

To become a backer visit www.weirdcitygames.com/ants-kickstarter

We are now entering the second phase of choosing your ant where we offer you two choices for abilities for each ant species. We have assigned each species to a specific body part and created two abilities that capture the flavor of that ant. (Please note that these are templates which we will use to create the final evolution cards and may be subject to change.)

For detailed information on each species see backer poll #4.

Poll
Which ability would you like the Army Ants to have in March of the Ants?

Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Army on the March: At the beginning of soldier phase choose one contested hex that you inhabit and either move any number of larvae to that hex, or return any number of ants from that hex back to your nest.
61.6% 101
Queen without a Kingdom: If you have have the most ants in a hex you are the defender, regardless of which nest inhabits the defender site.
38.4% 63
Voters 164
Which ability would you like the Weaver Ants to have in March of the Ants?
Leaf Construction: Instead of taking an action on your turn, you may destroy one ant in a hex and move that hex to anywhere in the meadow. It must be placed with at least one set of connected tunnels.
49.1% 80
Tree Fort Sanctuary: Other player’s ants cannot march from one hex where you are the defender into another hex where you are the defender.
50.9% 83
Voters 163
Which ability would you like the Thief Ants to have in March of the Ants?
Ant Burglar: At the beginning of the Queen Phase choose a hex. That hex produces only a single larva from each of its collection sites.
16.0% 26
Hungry Burglar: When feeding during the Queen Phase, each other player must feed one of your ants.
84.0% 137
Voters 163
This poll is now closed.   164 answers
Poll created by timeisner1
Closes: Sun Jun 1, 2014 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renan Neori
Israel
Tel Aviv
Gush Dan
flag msg tools
From a time before Pachinko...
badge
Don't touch!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hungry Burglar sounds evil enough to make me happy to have it, but not hard enough on the other players to feel too annoying. I like it the best of all the 6 traits.

I voted for Queen without a Kingdom because it can affect multiple contested hexes, and for Leaf Construction because I like the idea of moving a hex around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Tuttle-Wheeler
msg tools
Army on the March is efficient and technical, but Queen Without a Kingdom sounds like it will make for way cooler moments. Plus it sounds badass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry L
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
Roll for it
badge
I + I = 0
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the wording on leaf construction might need some work-- it must be your own ant, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Underwood

Sacramento
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Army on the March sounds like it might be overpowered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Karmol
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
@Larry: You must destroy your own ant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Bell
Australia
Dandenong
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Might I suggest changing the wording on Leaf Construction to:
Leaf Construction: Instead of taking an action on your turn, you may destroy one of your ants in a hex you control to move that hex to anywhere in the meadow. It must be placed with at least one set of connected tunnels.

This then simulates multiple ants working together to create the Silk woven Leaves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin long
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tree fort sanctuary sounds like a situation that does not come up enough and then is hard to watch for
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Riddle
United States
Leesburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
treece keenes wrote:
tree fort sanctuary sounds like a situation that does not come up enough and then is hard to watch for

yeah, leaf construction was a way more interesting ability. don't know why it lost, though barely so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Swisher
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm kind of sad that leaf construction failed which in my mind would have allowed the ants to make branch-bridges across the meadow. ninja

The more defensive tree sanctuary which won will actually be very nice to have in play since you will be able to coordinate your defenses more efficiently- It might seem lack luster but it will give you lots of peace of mind!

I was also hoping that Ant Thief would make it rather than Hungry Thief, since being able to deny people resource collection (they get single larva instead) would have been very powerful. The Hungry thief that puts a food tax on everyone else will also be nice because it will probably be pretty cheap so players can get it down often. arrrh

Thank you to everyone who helped choose this new in-game ant. We look forward to showing you finalized names, rules and card art soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking as one who voted against Leaf Construction, I didn't want to have to deal with something which could, at least potentially, radically change the landscape of the board state from one turn to the next, especially in a game already being accused of 'shortness'.

Besides, the ability sounds more like Leaf Teleportation than Construction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Eisner
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
I voted for leaf construction, but I'm pretty excited about tree fort sanctuary. I think it's an ability that, once acquired, will enable and encourage a specific strategy and method of controlling territory. I think it will come up if the player who evolves it uses it to their advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin long
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Silly me! I completely did not see the defense ability of tree fort sanctuary - duh! the front door can have all your extra ants for defense and no one can pass through to your vulnerable hexes Love it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.