Subject: New User Limits in GeekMail rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicklas
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geekmail wrote:
GeekMail is used to send messages between users. It can also be set up to notify you of new content of your choice.

To send someone an e-mail: click on the envelope icon below their username. This will open a new mail window, and automatically insert their username in the To box. Type a subject and message, and click Send.

To send the same message to multiple recipients: type each username in the To box, separated by a comma and an optional space. Like this:

Name1, Name2, Name3, etc. or Name1,Name2,Name3,etc.

Then type the subject and message, and click Send.

You might want to add, that new users on the forum can't do this. It's tbh quite annoying that I have to wait what, 1, 2, 3 hours before I can send my next 3 Geekmails before I get blocked.

I'm moderating a game and trying to send invites out, but it just takes forever to do so!

Also, 'new user' is a quite long period it seems - a month? I understand it's probably to prevent spammers, which is good, but in this case, it's just a bit annoying to say the least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Aipha wrote:
Geekmail wrote:
GeekMail is used to send messages between users. It can also be set up to notify you of new content of your choice.

To send someone an e-mail: click on the envelope icon below their username. This will open a new mail window, and automatically insert their username in the To box. Type a subject and message, and click Send.

To send the same message to multiple recipients: type each username in the To box, separated by a comma and an optional space. Like this:

Name1, Name2, Name3, etc. or Name1,Name2,Name3,etc.

Then type the subject and message, and click Send.

You might want to add, that new users on the forum can't do this. It's tbh quite annoying that I have to wait what, 1, 2, 3 hours before I can send my next 3 Geekmails before I get blocked.

I'm moderating a game and trying to send invites out, but it just takes forever to do so!

Also, 'new user' is a quite long period it seems - a month? I understand it's probably to prevent spammers, which is good, but in this case, it's just a bit annoying to say the least.

You're right, it is indeed to block spammers - please visit the the naughty list to see how many we get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.