Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since we have the previous ruling that Suicide Attack + Cheat Death would be able to save a ship from that destroy effect, I thought about this with the new Cube upgrades. lol

Borg Cube (46)
Borg Queen (6)
Seven of Nine (4)
Borg Ablative Hull Armor (10 - 3)
Assimilation Tubules (8)
SELF-DESTRUCT SEQUENCE (5)
CHEAT DEATH #1 (5 + 1)
...then...
INDEPENDENT KLINGON FLAGSHIP (10; free scan; add tech #2 and Elite #2)
CHEAT DEATH #2 (5 + 1)

TOTAL: 98 SP

The non-bolded stuff could be changed around. But with the 2x Cheat Death, you could pull off Self-Destruct Sequence twice before actually having to suicide yourself on the third time. But with the Flagship adding +1, it's a 10-dice attack with the opponent possibly getting 0 defense. If you are in a scenario like Tholian Web, they are almost guaranteed to be in range 1-3. It's a lot less restrictive and more damaging than the DOM Suicide Attack options.

I have not playtested it but may play it one month for funsies. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You had me till "funsies"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can't count on getting it off the third time. Basically all the ships have to face a 9 die attack in two turns, and another nine dice 2 turns after that if they don't take you down. Focus firing should take down your shields, and cheat death will destroy your hull, so they only need to do 2 more points of damamge to finish you off. Curious combo, I wonder if Ablative hull will take damage cards from Cheat Death? RAW it should, making it effectively useless...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought of this combo too when they previewed the cube. I think it would be cute, and fun -- but I suspect it wouldn't be very good. Still, I'm going to try something like it at some point after it comes out this week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we have a late Tholian Web event coming up...perfect. lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dario gonzalez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
use kirk and put a third cheat death

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Hunter
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So this is what you have planned for saturday whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Dole
msg tools
A Projected Stasis Field will look pretty scary after you perform one of your Borg-splosions.

Come to think of it, how does Projected Stasis Field work with Self Destruct Sequence (since SDS is an attack and PSF prevents attacks)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.