Subject: Alternative Draft Ideas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer to draft teams as opposed to playing with a pre-built set. The rule book's suggested drafting is fairly time-intensive if you really want to look through the cards. I have two other ideas I'd like to bounce off of everybody:

1) Decide on number of dice per player (8-20), shuffle all cards, deal 10 or 12 to each player, they then allocate their dice to those cards however they want to, discarding any that don't end up with dice.

2) Decide on number of dice per player (8-20), shuffle all cards, perform a Winston Draft. This means we deal three face-down cards. The first player looks at the first card and either keeps it or passes. If he passes, he adds a new face-down card and moves to the next stack. If he takes it, his turn is over. The next player then does the same thing, either taking or passing (and adding a card) for each of the three piles. You keep doing this until both players have at least 8 cards, then you allocate dice, discarding any cards you don't have dice for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.