Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know, that snow on Mt. Washington and snow on Jungfraubahn works slightly different.

Among other details, on Mt. Washington, completed tracks get snow, while on Jungfraubahn, they get not. There are further differences.

With other words, in both kinds of snow certain spaces are skipped.

Now my question: Am I right in my assumption, that in both scenarios skipped spaces are counted against the work force limit, which determines the "range" of the snow?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same question. The rules make it clear that, in the Mt. Washington scenario, the excavation spaces with ownership cubes are counted against the snowfall rate. However, it is not made clear in the Jungfraubahn scenario.

For example, just today I was playing Jungfraubahn with my wife, and the snowy weather was supposed to occur with the following board state:

Should I have placed:

1) NO snow cubes since the excavation sites with ownership cubes and the laid track cards are skipped but counted against the work rate of 4?

2) 3 snow cubes on the starting station since only the excavation sites with ownership cubes (and not the laid track cards) are counted against the work rate of 4 (thus meaning I need to fill one spot on the first station)?

3) 6 snow cubes on the starting station since neither the laid track cards nor the excavation sites with ownership cubes are counted against the work rate of 4 (thus meaning I need to fill both spots on the first station)?

We ruled that none of the skipped spots are counted against the work rate in the Jungfraubahn scenario since the rule for counting against the work rate is clearly stated in the Mt. Washington scenario (which we interpreted as an intentional omission from the Jungfraubahn rules). However, it would be great to have clarification from Mr. Boydell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Every homo sapiens needs an outbuilding within the curtelage of their property
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
Track cards are ignored in JF, so the first three 'atoms' of the work rate (of 4) are nullified by ownership cubes in the excavation spaces counting back from top/middle (can't remember the station name!) - one in the top, two cubes in the next station down the mountain.

The fourth 'atom' applies to the right excavation space at the start and will 'fill it completely' to it's starting allowance of 'rubble'; MW adds 2 rubble per applicable space, JF fills each applicable space back up again!

Is that ok?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Every homo sapiens needs an outbuilding within the curtelage of their property
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
...oh, I must give this a play again; I _love_ dynamiting the JF cards to see how many 'real' track cards come in to play! In fact, I love dynamite FULL STOP! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response! That will definitely be good to know for future plays since we felt like the snow was bogging us down just a bit too much.

tonyboydell wrote:
...oh, I must give this a play again; I _love_ dynamiting the JF cards to see how many 'real' track cards come in to play! In fact, I love dynamite FULL STOP! devil

I agree with this sentiment. After a particularly poor day last week, I came home and asked my wife if we could play this scenario so that I could blow something up with dynamite! What a refresher it was!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joakley815 wrote:
Thanks for the response! That will definitely be good to know for future plays since we felt like the snow was bogging us down just a bit too much.

tonyboydell wrote:

I agree with this sentiment. After a particularly poor day last week, I came home and asked my wife if we could play this scenario so that I could blow something up with dynamite! What a refresher it was!
+1, my son and I just played this wrong and didn't count filled in excavations and we were filling in tracks. I was wondering how we could run out of rubble cubes.

Am I correct in assuming that even an unbuilt track card will not get snow? (I played that it did, but now I'm not sure).

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timur Tabi
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tonyboydell wrote:
the first three 'atoms' of the work rate (of 4) are nullified by ownership cubes in the excavation spaces counting back from top/middle

Are you talking about Jungfraubahn? I thought this was the rule for Mount Washington. In JFB, the rules don't say anything nullifying any atoms of the work rate. If the work rate is 4, then four spaces will get rubble, one way or another.

Maybe you're referring to the sentence, "Skip any spaces containing player Ownership cubes." If so, that's a funny definition of the work, "skip".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.