Subject: The Epic Session rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone

last night was the weekly gathering here in Porto, so it was time to play and we started the night with Cutthroat Caverns and the expansions Cutthroat Caverns: Relics & Ruin, Cutthroat Caverns: Tombs & Tomes and Cutthroat Caverns: Fresh Meat

It was a long game... the game is simple and very fun but when playing with first time players it can get a little long until people get used to the cards... also you have to read very carefully the instructions in each Encounter Card so you don't make any mistakes...

I really like this game, I love all the twists and turns of the game, yes it's chaotic but that's the point of the game, just enjoy it and have fun backstabbing everyone!

Dna_boy was the first to die, he died during encounter 6 but his troubles started in encounter 4 when we found a Trap Room where he set-off 2 traps that hit him for a total of 40 Life Points!! and he was hanging by a thread... he survived during the 5th encounter but in the 6th he was done.

I was doing pretty well, was the one with more Life Points and one of the ones with more Prestige points (killed 2 monsters) and then I get attacked by a monster, lose 15 LP... I play Counter-Strike that allows me to play 2 attack cards, I had a +30 Rider on the table and the monster had 40 LP... so I was like "he's done"... so I play a 20 attack card and Aragami plays a critical miss... so I missed and got hit for another 10 LP of damage...
Then I play the second attack card... another 20 point attack and Aragami plays another critical miss, and that's 10 more points of damage!!

I was going to slay the beast and get some more prestige, but instead I took 35 Points of damage just like that and wasn't able to kill the beast and became the player with the lowest LP on the table with 20!

Then the final Encounter begins and Aragami has 55 LP, Mario has 30, Mr.Gambler has 30 and I have 20! (or something like that)

Prior to the last encounter begins an event triggers that will hit 2 players with the even initiative numbers for 5LP and they won't be able to play anything during 2 rounds...

And off course I got hit and Mario was hit too... he tried to deflect the damage to Mr.Gambler that prevented it with an action card and Mario then plays My Hero and makes Aragami take the damage... I then step up and play Unwitting Assist and take the damage from Aragami so I lose 5 more LP but gain 2 Prestige Points... and why did I do this?
Because the Encounter was with Temptation and she would hit the 2 players with most health for 15 LP... so I was the one with the least health and taking the 5 damage extra I would be on 10... if I stayed on 15 at the end of the first round I wouldn't take damage but I would at the end of the 2nd round and that would have killed me... so I took those 5 extra damage that would allow me to play in the third round and hopefully Mario and Gambler would be dead by that time...

The Perfect Plan!!!

The first round starts and Mr.Gambler plays the card that redirects the damage the monster would do to me in that round and I can't do anything about it and I'm dead!!! F#$$% so much for the best laid plans!!

Then he proceeds in a following turn and does the same to Mario and kills him too...

And the game is down to him and Aragami... Temptation has 90 LP and Gambler plays a 30P attack and then Edges Out Aragami not allowing him to play the attack he had prepared... and if he did play it he would win the game because he had the card to double the attack and so killing Temptation and winning the game...

The Edge Out prevented that play and cause Aragami to die and left Mr.Gambler with 5LP and Temptation with 60LP!!!

He retrieved a relic card from Temptation because he had played the Edge Out card and Temptation rewards players that play some action cards like that... he retrieved the Relic that allowed him to draw 7 cards from the deck and choose one... and this was a hail Mary for him because he had no cards in his hand that would do enough damage to Kill Temptation...

So we proceeded to draw the cards one by one face up so it was more dramatic:

- 1st a 20P attack
- 2nd an action card
- 3rd a 40P attack
- 4th IMPRESSIVE MOVE ATTACK CARD - does 75 damage and if it is the highest attack done to the monster also gives 1 Prestige point!!!

He was jumping around and everyone was laughing there head's out...

He won with 18 Prestige Points and 5 Life Points while everyone else was dead!!

EPIC STUFF!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Holmes
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Eee-va?
mbmbmbmbmb
I love hearing stories like this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ridgway
United States
Fairfax Station
Virginia
flag msg tools
How much for the little game in the window?
badge
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
mbmbmbmbmb
We've had some games like that. Of course, I don't think anyone in our group has survived a majority of the games. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.