Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Victory Point Games
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Another homestead overrun; the farmer's face was bleak as he told the tale. The broad strokes of the story were well-familiar, but the details were new: a previously-unseen power in the Necromancer's dark arsenal. It seems his power grows daily.

The hero listened without saying a word, but his eyes blazed with fury. There was no question of our response...

The third expansion for Darkest Night provides the Necromancer with an array of sinister new abilities that change each time you play. It also adds the Channeler, Exorcist, Mesmer, and Valkyrie as new playable heroes, plus new event and artifact cards.

Note: This game requires that you (or someone in your group of players) own a copy of Darkest Night.

If you are interested in becoming a Victory Point Games playtester for this game, you need to read this article and follow its directions about contacting us (United States residents only, please). Thanks for your consideration!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question.

When might this be expected to release?

I ask because I was looking to order the Necromancer box set.
But may wait until this comes out as well.

And on that note, will there be a Necro plus that has this as well?
Or at the very least, will the Necro box also hold this with everything else?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This expansion doesn't have an official release date yet, but based on its current status, some time in Q3 would be a good bet. The exact date depends on how the playtesting goes and on numerous factors outside my wheelhouse.

I have no information about bundle plans or lack thereof. I doubt they plan them that far in advance.

I've managed to cram all 3 expansions into the original base game box, though it requires very tight packing. The Necromancer bundle comes in a box that's roughly twice as big, so you're probably safe. In any event, that's the biggest size of box VPG uses, so even if they make a new bundle, it's not likely to come in a bigger box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Fitzgerald
United States
Allen
TX
flag msg tools
designer
I'll be in my bunk... at moesgametable.com
badge
Time for some thrilling heroics
mbmbmbmbmb
E-mail sent in! This is oddly funny to see this posted, I just was asked to join Club Fantasci this week as a board game reviewer and the first review I will be doing will be on Darkest Night. I've really enjoyed the game since buying it a few months ago, along with Dawn of the Zed's. Really like the quality of the components, the gameplay is smooth as butter while still being tense with a growing feeling of concern and yes, even panic can set in at times. :)

Hope I can help playtest this expansion and hope this game keeps growing and we all can bitch about needing bigger boxes to fit it all in. Bigger boxes means more goodness!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Email sent. This could be the expansion to keep me from trading/selling my copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Carvalho
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I dwell in possibility
badge
Forever is composed of nows
mbmb
Victory Point Games wrote:

The third expansion for Darkest Night provides the Necromancer with an array of sinister new abilities that change each time you play.

What is wrong with you people, the Necromancer is evil enough as it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
crazedyeti wrote:
Victory Point Games wrote:

The third expansion for Darkest Night provides the Necromancer with an array of sinister new abilities that change each time you play.

What is wrong with you people, the Necromancer is evil enough as it is.

By evil do you mean boring? snore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Antistone wrote:

I've managed to cram all 3 expansions into the original base game box, though it requires very tight packing. The Necromancer bundle comes in a box that's roughly twice as big, so you're probably safe.

I'm still waiting for VPG to release the larger box on it's own. Those who have been keeping up with the expansions are hard press for box space.

And clearly you aren't sleeving your cards Jeremy! With sleeved cards, I can barely fit everything in the main box and one expansion box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Cinn
Netherlands
Deventer
Overijssel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any more concrete info coming up on this soon? It's Q3 already, after all!

If it seems like I'm being impatient, that's because I am I really want to order the Necromancer Bundle, but with international shipping + customs being as they are, I really should wait so I can also add the new expansion. Ricky Royal's current youtube playthrough is all that is sustaining me, and he does only like one turn per week.. nnnnnng.

I guess VPG don't make the trip to Essen either?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boo missed out on helping just now saw this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.