Subject: Apple acquires Beats rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoughts?

I'm guessing this is more for streaming than headphones.
Will they try to integrate iTunes with streaming, or have two services?
The end of iTunes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
You ask for thoughts. Mine are, "Well, I own nothing by Apple and nothing by Beats, so this whole deal is pretty much irrelevant to me."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian A
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
May I take your trident, sir?
mbmbmbmbmb
I read yesterday that the deal is actually 2 deals, one for the hardware side of things, the other for the software portion. But they're only doing that because certain investors in beats had only put money into certain parts of those services. It makes sense to me that jumping on the beats software would be good for positioning in music, but those headphones really aren't all that special. I wonder why they couldn't just partner up or buy the software stuff only...

Oh, and my guess: integration with iTunes. But who knows, the reasoning even behind the entire deal is still a mystery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to me that Beats headphones are a good fit for Apple.

Beats headphones and Mac computers both have less impressive technical specifications than other brands in the price range, and they both put a lot of effort into design of their products case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mb
http://www.commitstrip.com/en/page/8/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they paid far more than they should have just to keep Samsung from acquiring them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
One line of thought it the market share that Beats has - an area that Apple is seeking to reach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.