BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Legend of Zelda rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Asher Kobin
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Is there any chance that there will be modern Legend of Zelda board game some day?

There is an exploding interest in table top gaming IMO in the last several years (two shops have opened up within walking distance of my apartment).

Does Nintendo license their IP for board games?

I think a Legend of Zelda with moderate complexity would be a huge seller. There could be so many familiar concepts for players of the video game series.

Why doesn't Nintendo make/license table-top games? A Zelda game would open up a whole world of fun concepts. Adventure, RPG, dungeon building, non-linear, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Birzer
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Other than the retheming of other games (Mostly Pokemon and some Mario), not really. I think it would have to take a lot because Nintendo is rather protective of their IP and it probably would cost a good deal of money.

Course, if someone could get a license to make Mega Man: The Board Game, I guess it is possible given a good enough pitch. That being said, it probably won't be from Nintendo directly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Great Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
I saw a couple posts around here somewhere that had some custom Zelda boardgames. Not sure if they are available for PNP though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
mbmbmbmbmb
TheLongshot wrote:
Other than the retheming of other games (Mostly Pokemon and some Mario), not really. I think it would have to take a lot because Nintendo is rather protective of their IP and it probably would cost a good deal of money.

Course, if someone could get a license to make Mega Man: The Board Game, I guess it is possible given a good enough pitch. That being said, it probably won't be from Nintendo directly.

Megaman is Capcom though and they whore their stuff out.. Just look at all the Resident Evil stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Steward
United States
Kent
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riddlebox85 wrote:
TheLongshot wrote:

Megaman is Capcom though and they whore their stuff out.. Just look at all the Resident Evil stuff.

and Street Fighter!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elias
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Give us lettuce or give us death (or carrots).
mbmbmbmbmb
asherkobin wrote:
Is there any chance that there will be modern Legend of Zelda board game some day?

sturner wrote:
They already made one in the US:
The Legend of Zelda

and two in Japan:
The Legend of Zelda: The Hyrule Fantasy
Zelda Triforce boardgame

To be fair, those games are all late 80s or early 90s.

I would certainly buy a Zelda name, but with the way Nintendo seems to be going (the family, kid-friendly console), I'm not confident that they would license a game I am interested in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a guy who recently (within the last few months I believe) had made his own home-brew version of a Zelda game using a modified map from Key to the Kingdom. However I believe the thread where he was offering the files turned into him disappearing and people who had the files slowly stopping handing them out..But I could be wrong about that.

Edit here is the link to the game and if you look at the last couple pages its just people asking for the files so yeah I'm assuming he stopped giving them out for some reason http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/793508/my-custom-legend-of-z...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparantly

Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Does have the files and offers the game through his pnp

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/52127/item/2328700?comment...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.