Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Nurse
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was so excited about this because I love Devastation and play it quite a bit... but then I saw the $30 shipping for outide US.

sigh

Forget it, I will wait for it to go retail

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Swan
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I honestly jumped to the KS page the moment I saw this thread, but now I stumble back confused.
I like level99, but I do not have any of the battle games yet.
Why would I pick this one?
Why this instead of Devastation?
Or this instead of the older version, which, in Europe costs me $40 tops instead of at least $75?

And of course I would also like to know if this is a EU friendly project?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mauro
United States
Hamilton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
uhh link? I can't seem to find it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Nurse
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Unplugged wrote:
I honestly jumped to the KS page the moment I saw this thread, but now I stumble back confused.
I like level99, but I do not have any of the battle games yet.
Why would I pick this one?
Why this instead of Devastation?
Or this instead of the older version, which, in Europe costs me $40 tops instead of at least $75?

And of course I would also like to know if this is a EU friendly project?

Well I started with Devastation and I tell you, there is a LOT of game in that box.
If you can snag it for less or equal to the cost of this one I would get it if I were you and not this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Swan
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the advice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
eldavicho wrote:
uhh link? I can't seem to find it...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/level99games/battlecon-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M.
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tiborvadovan wrote:
Just snagged all the early birds before posting though

What early birds?!!!wowsurprisesurprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Fremont
CA
flag msg tools
badge
For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want this one if the mix of artists in the first edition bother you. But that first edition also apparently has more stuff since they're dropping some of the bits that were in it? I dunno, as I don't have the the first edition and it's not entirely clear what the changes are apart from the improved art and dropping the multiplayer tracks that were default in the original.

Also, though Devastation was packed with stuff, the old first edition of War wasn't packed with nearly as much stuff. But the shipping is probably killer either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, experiencing a bit of sticker shock over here. I thought this would be a good low-commit way to get into battlecon and experience one of their KS's at the same time...

but $70 for the whole "War" experience is much higher than the about $40 price tag I expected, given War's price at retail now. Are we guaranteed to be able to pick up War: Extended at retail? Maybe I'll do just the reprint of the base game for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Fremont
CA
flag msg tools
badge
For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
mbmbmbmbmb
BrotherDusk wrote:
Yeah, experiencing a bit of sticker shock over here. I thought this would be a good low-commit way to get into battlecon and experience one of their KS's at the same time...

but $70 for the whole "War" experience is much higher than the about $40 price tag I expected, given War's price at retail now. Are we guaranteed to be able to pick up War: Extended at retail? Maybe I'll do just the reprint of the base game for now.

Yeah, they seem to have buffed the prices of base game and the extension, just extrapolating from the current prices for War (40 Base + 10 BOOST, 25% Markup) and the Devastation Extended Edition (15 Base + 5 Boost, 33 % Markup). It could just be shipping costs, rising, though? I dunno, most sequel kickstarters get less and less bang for the buck as they continue to be used.

Note: You do get some promo characters you might otherwise have to buy separately, which may cost about those 15 dollars they bumped the projected price by.

Edit: Revised for Clarity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vines
United States
Blue Springs
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I have ever saw the Devastation Extended Edition anywhere other than the lvl99 store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Backed at $70 for extended and hoping there will be an addon for the exteneded content from Devastation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Fremont
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvines wrote:
I don't think I have ever saw the Devastation Extended Edition anywhere other than the lvl99 store.

I based the projected price on the Level99 store. It's 15 dollar's there + Shipping (Which about ~$7 for me). So yeah, the shipping might've just been factored in.

Edit: Checked shipping prices and adjusted accordingly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
mvines wrote:

I have, in several online stores, now out of stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mvines wrote:
Devastation Extended Edition was produced without a box, which Brad has said was a mistake (and made it basically impossible to sell except through the level 99 store). I believe the plan is to put War Extended Edition inside a box, so it may be available other places, although I wouldn't count on it.

On the price for War: I believe production values will be generally higher for War this time around, art aside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BrotherDusk wrote:

Well, the old version was $40, and this is going to have much much better production values (heavier cardboard, larger punches, better art). The first edition was portable, which is great, but the ease with which life trackers and player tokens could fly away made it a little frustrating to play. But I mean, that's comparing it at $50-- the extra content you get at $70 is all going to be new even for people who have the first edition, if you see what I mean.

If the campaign is anything like Devastation, the Extended stuff will be available from Level 99 later, but won't end up at retail stores/sites. (No idea what price to expect for it post-campaign.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I own both products, and I can tell you that you get MUCH more in Devestation than in War and the production quality is vastly improved. If this is the treatment that War Remastered is getting, I can understand the price increase.

War is basically a lot of cards in a little box, like the way Innovation used to be sold in. It's not in the massive box full of stuff that Devestation is sold in.

That would also likely explain the shipping prices -- this is not a small box nor is it light at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I got kind of confused by the reward tiers, but that's probably because I could only skim them real quick while I'm at work.

I pledged for the $70 reward.

I have Devastation. I'm hoping that will get me everything War-related including new content and stuff.

But I also want Strikers, along with the Sentinels of the Multiverse promos. Was this a reward or add-on that I missed somewhere? Or should I just buy these separately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Fremont
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lordrahvin wrote:

I got kind of confused by the reward tiers, but that's probably because I could only skim them real quick while I'm at work.

I pledged for the $70 reward.

I have Devastation. I'm hoping that will get me everything War-related including new content and stuff.

But I also want Strikers, along with the Sentinels of the Multiverse promos. Was this a reward or add-on that I missed somewhere? Or should I just buy these separately?

Add-ons and tiers aren't as clear as they could be right now. I think they'll probably fix it up in a few days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hoffman
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How long do you guys think it will take for it to be fully funded?

It's already about halfway in, what, about 2.5 hours?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D
Ireland
Cork
Cork
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I have devastation, war and strikers. I want the revised war AND the extended editions of both war and devastation + all of the KS goodies. They'd better hurry up with their add-on options before this money burns all the way through my pockets!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lordrahvin wrote:
There are more expensive tiers that include Strikers, but right now they haven't announced a price for a Strikers add-on, but you can be pretty guaranteed it's coming. Not sure about the Legacy (Sentinels of the Multiverse) promo: Level 99 includes it for free with any purchase from their web store (on request), but I don't know how that will translate to this campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 100 bucks are already there. Looking forward for the promos. And hopefully we can see some classics updated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.