Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have reviewed the rules and the various responses on this forum, and believe I am clear on how geography and weather affect the various actions. I wanted to capture it here as simple general principles I can use when playing.

1. Weather and geography are completely ignored for all actions other than tile placement and movement. For all other actions, all that matters is whether the ship/sled is on a specific tile or not.

2. Weather is ignored for tile placement. Geography is used only to enforce a jigsaw puzzle/Carcassonne like pattern matching of features explicitly printed on tiles when placing and is ignored when determining in which compass direction the new tile can be placed.

3. Movement is where all the real work of weather and geography comes in.

Pretend that all water is solid when frozen, preventing ship movement and allowing sleds to behave as though that part of the tile is land.

Sled movement must take a sled from the possibly ice-enlarged landmass it is currently on across a tile edge to the specific possibly ice-enlarged landmass immediately across that edge on the new tile.

Ships are constrained so they cannot move to frozen areas, whether the new tile is completely frozen or only the half of the new tile adjacent to the current position is frozen.

Apologies for monopolizing the forum today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
And when, exactly, are we playing Churchill again?
mb
Yes to all the above!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a nice treatment. To be complete, you'd want to address issues of which side of a tile a sled is on (e.g., a sled with separate land masses) and on what happens to sleds when melting occurs (which is separate from movement).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.