Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could someone give an example of a superpower from the game and how it affected gameplay? For example, Flight - does that just increase a person's speed? What about a power that's used in combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Yonder
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
Re: Super Powers
Flight allows the Red Rook to move diagonally and over figures, objects, trees, and rooftops.

Acid Splash--one of Battery-Man's more dangerous powers (even to his teammates)--reads as follows: "Each time you are damaged, all adjacent figures receive 1 POW."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clarence Chambers
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Wyrdling wrote:
Acid Splash--one of Battery-Man's more dangerous powers (even to his teammates)--reads as follows: "Each time you are damaged, all adjacent figures receive 1 POW."

I can personally vouch for the nastiness of this particular power, as it finished off two of my heroes in one fell swoop.

In addition to being cleverly implemented and fun to use, the powers fit the characters like a glove, which helped me understand right off the bat what each character was all about--gamewise and personalitywise.

One cool power that comes immediately to mind was the Mole's tunneling ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carla Harper
United States
Unspecified
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elvisx wrote:
I can personally vouch for the nastiness of this particular power, as it finished off two of my heroes in one fell swoop.

In addition to being cleverly implemented and fun to use, the powers fit the characters like a glove, which helped me understand right off the bat what each character was all about--gamewise and personalitywise.

One cool power that comes immediately to mind was the Mole's tunneling ability.

Fun! Do you recall any of the Mole's other powers and/or how they worked? What about the aforementioned Battery-Man? Any and all recollections would be much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clarence Chambers
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
She-Wolf wrote:
Fun! Do you recall any of the Mole's other powers and/or how they worked? What about the aforementioned Battery-Man? Any and all recollections would be much appreciated.

Well, each had a total of three powers, of course, but I can only recall a couple. Aside from the ones already mentioned, the Mole had some sort of cave-in power that could stun characters and destroy scene features, and Battery-Man had a recharge power that allowed him to heal himself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Estes
United States
La Vergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elvisx wrote:
Well, each had a total of three powers, of course, but I can only recall a couple. Aside from the ones already mentioned, the Mole had some sort of cave-in power that could stun characters and destroy scene features, and Battery-Man had a recharge power that allowed him to heal himself.

You gotta love Battery-Man and the Mole, but I think my favorites (if I had to pick) were Nightshade and Manchine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clarence Chambers
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Mandrake wrote:
You gotta love Battery-Man and the Mole, but I think my favorites (if I had to pick) were Nightshade and Manchine.

I didn't get a chance to see Manchine in action, but I actually had Nightshade on my team and found him a blast to use. Fantazm was ultra cool, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carla Harper
United States
Unspecified
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elvisx wrote:
I didn't get a chance to see Manchine in action, but I actually had Nightshade on my team and found him a blast to use. Fantazm was ultra cool, too.

Did any of the heroines come into play? If so, what were your impressions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clarence Chambers
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
She-Wolf wrote:
Did any of the heroines come into play? If so, what were your impressions?

I did see Mysteria and Serapha in action. Mysteria was a witchy, magic-based character, and Serapha was very angel-like. The only power I remember, though, is Serapha's ability to heal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls