Guido Van Horn
United States
Othello
Washington
flag msg tools
I admit it, I killed her, I killed Yvette. I hated her so much
badge
Flames...flames on the side of my face...breathing...breathle...heaving breathes
mbmbmbmbmb
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/11008282/attor...

This story just gets more bizarre by the hour...does any of this change the way you feel about Donald Sterling?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this another thread about DWTripp being old? Come on, people. He still has feelings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rico
United States
Mill Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
Is this another thread about DWTripp being old? Come on, people. He still has feelings.

Feelings are for libtards, not the Heroes of the Conservarevolution!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Seems scuzzy. My dad has intermittent dementia, but he's fairly competent most of the time. It's a day-by-day thing. When you get to be 80*, it's not unusual. It's a sliding scale. Acting as if Sterling is incompetent seems pretty weak. We really suck at dealing with the elderly, don't we? shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was surprised to come to the difficult realization that, as much as I thought I hated racism, it turns out I hate Steve Ballmer just a little bit more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Van Horn
United States
Othello
Washington
flag msg tools
I admit it, I killed her, I killed Yvette. I hated her so much
badge
Flames...flames on the side of my face...breathing...breathle...heaving breathes
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
Seems scuzzy. My dad has intermittent dementia, but he's fairly competent most of the time. It's a day-by-day thing. When you get to be 80*, it's not unusual. It's a sliding scale. Acting as if Sterling is incompetent seems pretty weak. We really suck at dealing with the elderly, don't we? shake

It feels scuzzy...but I don't think he is in on it. Unless he is super scuzzy...which he may be. I think his wife hates him, doesn't care about the team as much as she cares about her 50% of 2 billion.

He's posturing to sue anyone and everyone over the whole deal, so it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. My guess is he's going to be dead before this is all settled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

My dad died at 75 to dementia because he forgot how to swallow so it is a risk for me.

I may already have alzheimer's tho-- because I've already forgotten how to care about this issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It does sound iffy, but from both sides. But I have to say that people with some kind of Alzheimer's do not know they have it (and can get quite nasty when people say they do. One of the tragedies of this kind of mental illness is that often the victim is wholly unaware of their degree of impairment.

But (as others have said) we do not know what the situation really is, and what is needed is for a court appointed physician to test him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
It does sound iffy, but from both sides. But I have to say that people with some kind of Alzheimer's do not know they have it (and can get quite nasty when people say they do. One of the tragedies of this kind of mental illness is that often the victim is wholly unaware of their degree of impairment.

But (as others have said) we do not know what the situation really is, and what is needed is for a court appointed physician to test him.

This is not a disagreement, simply a clarification from my point of view:

People with dementia, be it Alzheimers or other, in the early stages often forget but are able to cover. For example, they will call the granddaughter by mother's name if there is a striking resemblance but are still aware enough to know they made a faux pas based on people's reaction.

In the early stages they are very much aware that they are getting forgetful. They may be in denial of how bad it is getting.
True, but when you are running a multimillion pound company such "minor" mistakes can have massive repercussions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.