Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received a large, terribly packed box yesterday containing my Heroes of Normandie game, or at least the bulk of it. I was lucky in that, despite a LOT of room in the box which allowed the contents to shift like crazy, nothing was damaged. Phew!

Today I began to inventory what the box actually contained. Having no exact list of what I should expect, I went back to the original KS page and downloaded the images for the stretch rewards and made myself a kind of checklist. My results show that I'm missing quite a few things, though I suppose most of it will be in the Commonwealth Box which will arrive someday.

CHECKLIST FOR £90 LEVEL

BASE BOX - very hard to tell for sure. The graphic shows 6 large punchboards and 8 small punchboards, 2 of which are named "US Recon Platoon" and "German Pioneer Group." I believe I have all that. Version 1.1 of the rules has a page of "Box Content." I'll need to go through that, but it's broken down by individual pieces, not punch boards.

MILLER'S RANGERS - Got it.

LANDING (now called D-DAY) - 6 tiles and 2 small punchboards (Battlefield Set Bunker and Defense and Extra Units & Vehicles Set 1) - Got it.

30 WOODEN ORDER TOKENS - Got it.

FORTIFIED FARM - Got it.

ACHTUNG! CTHULHU - 3 tiles, 2 punchboards - Got it.

EXTRA UNITS & VEHICLES SET II - Got it.

DOWNLOADABLE PDF RULES - now v. 1.1 online at Devil Pig - Got it.

+19 ACTION CARDS - hmm. I have way more than the original 33 plus the new 19. Like 22 more. Perhaps they count duplicates as only one card?

DUST MODULE - Got it.

BRITISH INFANTRY PLATOON - Missing

RIVER TILES SET - 3 TILES + 3 MORE TILES - The River Set comes with only 5 tiles. We lost a tile somewhere.

BRITISH ARMOURED PLATOON - Missing

BRITISH CAPTAIN & EXTRA VEHICLE SET - 1 punchboard with "Content: 1 captain, command recruitment options, 1 mechanized infantry squad and 1 Hobart's Funnies." Well, we know the Hobart's Funnies has been pushed to Gazette Issue 2, so something else will presumably take its place - Missing

FRENCH FORCES OF THE INTERIOR - Got it.

WITTMAN & TIGER GROUP - Got it.

EXTRA TERRAIN SET #2 HEDGEROWS AND CIVILIANS - Got it.

CANADIAN WEAPON PLATOON - Missing

HEROIC PLATOON: LORD LOVAT'S COMMANDOS - Got it.

BRITISH HIGH COMMAND - Missing

BRITISH GAME SET - Cards & Orders - Missing

BRITISH DICE - goal not reached, but I paid for an add-on - Missing

HEROIC PLATOON: STEINER KAMPFGRUPPE - goal not reached, but included with order of the Scenario Bundle, which I did - Got it.

SPECIAL DEVIL PIGGY STRETCH GOAL - I believe this is Devil Pig Dice - Missing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I did receive UK BritishWPlatoon (Alt) REF: 58010

Is that one of the missing British units?

Does anyone know what is actually inside the Commonwealth box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Doyle

Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You would be better served posting this on the Kickstarter.

In fact, just going there and reading would answer all your questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ward Ed
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Re the missing items.

DPG combined everything with the word BRITISH or CANADIAN on your list (including the dice and cards) into a single Commonwealth boxed set with 5 punchboards, dice and cards). Unfortunately the manfacturer in China mistakenly didn't send enough of these boxes to the US distributor. As a result DPG is sending all these items seperately in June.

The river tiles set got converted from 6 tiles to 5 tiles and 1 punchboard of overlays (so you get the same amount of cardboard just a little different composition)

The DPG patches got lost. Not sure what the plan is for them.

Upshot is you are mostly missing the Commonwealth box and it should be with you over the summer (looking forward to getting mine -- the stuff we have is great).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WardEd wrote:
Re the missing items.

DPG combined everything with the word BRITISH or CANADIAN on your list (including the dice and cards) into a single Commonwealth boxed set with 5 punchboards, dice and cards). Unfortunately the manfacturer in China mistakenly didn't send enough of these boxes to the US distributor. As a result DPG is sending all these items seperately in June.

The river tiles set got converted from 6 tiles to 5 tiles and 1 punchboard of overlays (so you get the same amount of cardboard just a little different composition)

The DPG patches got lost. Not sure what the plan is for them.

Upshot is you are mostly missing the Commonwealth box and it should be with you over the summer (looking forward to getting mine -- the stuff we have is great).

Many thanks Ward!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats just so strange.

David and I live 5 minutes from each other, and I did receive the commonwealth box. (also came with the british dice).

David, I should come over one evening and we can compare.

On the flip side, 2 of my boxes were damages (not the components) So consider yourself lucky there!

I'm punching everything and putting them in plano organizers..I feel this works better than the inserts, anyway.

Edit - I also received the French Interior and the Canadians.

What I didn't get was any rules pamphlet in the US and German army boxes...I did get a pamphlet in the British army box (describing the units, additional rules, etc) but its only in French!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Thornock
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point, I'd just be happy with a tracking number. Totally killed my plans to play HoN over the 60th anniversary of D-Day this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leonardo balbi
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my copy today D-day in Brazil .
I did the £90 pledge .
My box came with
1 - core game with English cards (thank God )
2 - us army box
3 - German army box
4 - D-day scenario pack with 9 punch boards
5 - millers rangers punch boards
6 - Cthulhu expansion with 2 punch boards and 3 terrain boards
7 - dust expansion with 3 punch boards
8 - FFI punch board
9 - wittman punch board
10 - panzergrenadier punch board
11 - fortified farm punch board

And where is the British dice and army ? Cancelled ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KOSZO A.
msg tools
mb
You are right about the composition of the packqage. Only one error the gift from DPG is the Army Box (storage).

About the patch, if i'm right, they were lost somewhere between Iello and Alliance ... So, i need to ask Clem and Yann about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.