Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Might Tact Cube precedent open the way for other large-based ships? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Coon
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Considering the larger base and tactical implications of it seen in the Tactical Cube (ie. no Aux token on bumping smaller ships)...is it possible this could open the way for a rare couple of other large ships to have a large base?

I'm thinking the Krenim Time-ship from Voyager (which would be wicked fun, but possibly too obscure to ever make into the game), possibly the Kazon Carrier, the Generation Ship(similarly obscure to the Time ship) and maybe the City Ship all also from VOyager.

Granted, I figure this is very pie in the sky, but the question begs- does this cube open the way for future large based ships in general, or is this likely just to be a lone aberration (minus if we see an Assimilation Cube later)?

Speculation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not V-ger?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think its going to be a very rare or even just the one. They had opportunities to do it in the past (the Battleship) and only did it for the cube so I don't anticipate too many more, if any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sowerby
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't the Scimitar also going to be on a lager base?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sowerby
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or even a larger base.... Lager base would be an entirely different game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, Scimitar was a standard base size when they displayed it at GAMA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Jackowski
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
dc0nklin wrote:
How about this:

Looks like a mutant roach
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Cordova
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Wow. First thing I thought when I saw that was someone had mounted a roach.

But anyways, It'd be an intriguing possibility to have large-base ships, perhaps the Hirogen Venatic-class added to the mix?

I'd say the Regent's Flagship would be a good candidate, but given the retail price of $14.99, it'll probably just be a reuse of the Negh'var mold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be neat to see some more 2x2 base ships such as....

Also they did DS9 so why not this proper Federation Star Base.

I am aware that somebody made a home made Doomsday machine and it was pretty awesome.

Oh and for comedy reasons, lets throw in the god awful Enterprise J.

Something neat I found about the "J"

"It looks 2D flat, but it isn’t. Down the road I will run some plan views. I’m happy that it is confusing. At two miles the “thin” areas really aren’t at all. You may have missed it, but earlier in the thread, I posted that the saucer is 30 decks thick. That’s the entire thickness of the Enterprise E total. Don’t be fooled."

You can read the full blog on it here: http://www.suricatafx.com/?p=521
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see the Fesarius! With Captain Balok and a Trania elite talent.

I've always wanted to see the Fesarius fight a Borg cube (they're somewhat comparable in size and power).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Jackowski
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Don't forget the Calamari (sp?) Thst went after Q. I could do that with a lot of cotton balls. Then there's V'ger. And Junior's oarents (energy sucking space slugs). And of course a better scaled Romulan D'deridex Warbird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John S.
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify, nobody takes an aux token for bumping another ship in this game, that's that other space game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ginever
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see them do some space creatures with large bases, stuff like the crystalline entity, or the far point entity would be awesome, and maybe gomtuu (though on a regular size base), you can't have enough flying turds.

Also, having just seen the rebel blockade runner for x-wing, it would be cool to do something really big on the large rectangular bases, I'm thinking voth city ship or possibly the Borg assimilation cube (think the same size as. 8 tactical cubes combined together)

Also much as I would like to see the krenim temporal weapon ship I don't think its much larger than a d'dederix class warbird, so it would probably be on a standard base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charles skrobis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crystalline Entity, the ship.

Enough said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Coon
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Psychlone wrote:
Just to clarify, nobody takes an aux token for bumping another ship in this game, that's that other space game.

sorry, meant the action loss of course.

csimian wrote:
Don't forget the Calamari (sp?) Thst went after Q. I could do that with a lot of cotton balls. Then there's V'ger. And Junior's oarents (energy sucking space slugs). And of course a better scaled Romulan D'deridex Warbird.

calamarain, maybe, but in they were roughly the size of the D in the show anyway. as things stand now, it seems like the only ships that would have a chance of a large base would be anything roughly the size of a cube or larger. so even scaled d'deridexes wouldnt work since even they aren't that much larger than the D.

crystalline entity, time-ship, city ship, doomsday machine etc. possibly.

I'd also like a lager base, that would be awesome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Psychlone wrote:

Just to clarify: it's not that other space game either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Evans
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So in this example would V'ger auto-lose? Cuz part of the ship has left the play area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P Cothern
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The preview for the third wave of star trek tactics had an Assimilation Cube.

So there is the possibility they could offer one as a prize for the "Resistance Is Futile" OP, or perhaps as a wave release next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.