Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to know.

How many dice does it take to make a full dice set for a character?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M.
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends, as some characters have higher max dice amounts than others.

Example: Loki (Illusionist) is Max: 3-dice while Venom (Eddie Brock) is Max: 4-dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith W
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on the character/action card.
-The base set uncommons from booster packs all have max 5 dice.
-Phoenix and Mjolnir currently have max 3 on any version.
-The rest have at least one max 4 version, with some having less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So how is that handled with the rares and super-rares?

Do you only get one die in a pack and then are required to hunt down the others to complete your set?

I am thinking about getting into the game and want to know what to expect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rygel wrote:
So how is that handled with the rares and super-rares?

Do you only get one die in a pack and then are required to hunt down the others to complete your set?

I am thinking about getting into the game and want to know what to expect.

Each booster comes with two cards and one die for each card. Characters share the same dice for each of their cards.

Example: Black Widow has 3 cards in this set. A common, a rare, and a super rare, but they all use the same Black Widow dice to play. So if you got a super rare Black Widow card, you can use any of your Black Widow dice regardless if you got them with a common, rare or the super rare.

Every character follows this example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. Thank you.

How many dice for each character are required to play?

Example - do you need to have two dice for each character to play with a character or is the single dice sufficient?

Or is the kind of thing where you play with however many dice you have and when the dice run out they are gone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M Rich
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your best bet is 2 starters, giving you 4 of each of the 8 base characters + 1 uncommon (all the starter guys uncommon max dice = 5) Mjolnir and Phoenix one of each card (for 3 die) and the rest get 2 commons, 1 U and one R/SR (for 4 dice)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rygel wrote:
Excellent. Thank you.

Example - do you need to have two dice for each character to play with a character or is the single dice sufficient?

Or is the kind of thing where you play with however many dice you have and when the dice run out they are gone?

Minimum 1 die to be able to play with the card, maximum up to max allowed per hero (usually 4 for most heroes). The game comes in levels where you have a number of heroes and an associated number of dice to breakdown among the heroes, as well as a life level. For example 6-15-15 means 6 heroes (including special unique action cards like Caps' shield and Mjolnir), 15 dice total for the 6 heroes (minimum 1 up to max per hero, as long as the total of all the dice for the cards total 15), and each player has 15 life. The tourney standard is 8-20-20. In both cases each player picks 2 basic action cards (for a total of 4 actions cards) with 3 dice each to form a common pool for both players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rygel wrote:
Excellent. Thank you.

The minimum is one die per card. You can choose to have up to the maximum number of dice listed on the card, each hero is different, but most of them have a max of 4.

Part of the strategy of the game is how many dice do you put onto each character. Constructed tournament rules are each player brings 8 character cards. Regardless of the "max dice allowed" for each card, you can only have 20 dice total amongst those characters. There are other setups as well that have less cards, less dice and less life.

Once you purchase a die, you continue to use it over and over. if it's not in play, then it will probably be back in your dice bag ready to draw the next turn.

Check out this video. Rodney does a good deal explaining everything. Its a little overwhelming at first, but there are a few videos after this that show how the game is played. Once you watch one of those, most of everything will make sense. I actually learn how to play most of the games that I play by watching Rodney.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.