Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking to get this for my girlfriend as she loves puzzles and Galaxy Trucker. Would this game be good for solo play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
I was looking to get this for my girlfriend as she loves puzzles and Galaxy Trucker. Would this game be good for solo play?

I own the game and have played it 11 times (based on recorded plays). Mondo is probably too simple to play as a solo game. The puzzle aspect is okay and the challenges aren't that 'challenging' . Playing solo is basically beating your previous scores (if I remember correctly).

I think this game is best played multi-player because of the interaction alone. For solo, I'd give it a pass. I checked the description area, and there's a link for an online play. Give it a try.

p/s: I've never played it solo, so my judgment is based on a couple of my two-player experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That' what I needed to know thanks. How about with two players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
That' what I needed to know thanks. How about with two players?

For two-player, I've only played it with my mom. Clearly you need to play with someone that is at least equal match with you since this is a real-time speed game. The two-player game works well. The tension is less when compared with a four-player game. The more players, the harder the game is especially in forming what you've visioned or planned, simply because the tile has been snatched by others.

Sorry for not much of an input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it on par with the ship building with galaxy trucker? We enjoy that game very much with two even though many say it needs more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Is it on par with the ship building with galaxy trucker? We enjoy that game very much with two even though many say it needs more.

Oh, I'd say Galaxy Trucker is more sophisticated than Mondo. GT has more strategy and more stuff to think about. I think the cards in GE is what makes both games different. Other than that, they're both the same. Also, Mondo plays in less than 30 minutes.

Thomas, maybe wait for others to chip in before you make any conclusion? I think I'm giving the impression that Mondo is a bad game, which it isn't. All I'm saying is I think Mondo is a better head-to-head game, and it's very family oriented (scoring is very straightforward).

Good luck!

p/s I've only played Galaxy Trucker once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite then opposite I think Mondo would be the perfect option for an weekday game that is different than anything we own but similar to GT which we love (minis the event phase and complexity which is ok).

Thanks for your help as always

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.