Blue Moon Legends» Forums » Rules

Subject: Blue Moon Legends combat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Monica Fridén-Rolstadaas
Norway
flag msg tools
Hi.
I just bought Blue Moon Legends, and are having a couple of problems with the rulebook which I'm hoping someone could help me with. Usually when we buy a game there are several playthroughs on youtube that we can watch if a problem should occure, but apparently nobody has played this game yet (?). Please help me, fellow geeks

Question 1. The covering of cards: Does the character cards get fully covered by a new character for each new fight round (same fight going on), or is partially covered and all the combat points are added for each turn? I don't mean the booster cards covering the character, cause as I understand it, they only partially cover the character card (?).

Question 2. How does the shield icon really work? Does the shield mean that the opponent automatically retreats? Does it change the element we are fighting in?

Perhaps, to be continued if more questions occure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Best to look and ask here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/forum/1438031/blue-moon-legends/rul...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Leidich
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This will probably get moved to the Blue Moon forum anyway so to answer...

As I understand it a card with the shield is like a block - instead of trying to match or beat your opponent when you play a shield booster (or a mutant, etc.) you ignore your opponent's power that turn and then your turn is done. Now it's up to your opponent to match or beat you on their turn. This can be good to dump a weak character with a shield boost to extend the fight and maybe draw something helpful.

When you play a character you cover the old character completely. Except for the "gang" cards think of each character you play turn to turn in a fight as a new person coming in to deal with the situation. You are compelled to play a new character each turn in a fight or withdraw so the last character you had played will get covered up and no longer participate in the power total.

Support cards - play next to each other in support area. (no cover)
Character cards - play on top of each other. Each round of a fighter you have a new character.
Booster - play on top of character but off-center so character power & text is still visible.
Leader cards - play on top of Leader card.
Only top cards are active (with booster - booster and char are active)

I think I have that right, this all just clicked for me yesterday so any Blue Moon vets please correct me!

Like you I was disappointed not to really find any game play videos in English so I just sat down and played out a two player game by myself while stepping through the rulebook - after I did this the slightly muddy rules fell into place.

I can't wait to play a game now, seems fun now that I understand how it works. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Fridén-Rolstadaas
Norway
flag msg tools
Thank you so much for the answers, and for showing me that there is a forum for blue moon legends. i'm new to this site and wasn't aware of it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Blue Moon Legends

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And while I answer a lot of questions, I've done these two already (others have also answered and commented). Doesn't mean no help, but review the questions already asked and answered, and then get back to us if necessary.

(There's also the Blue Moon FAQ list with lots of questions and answers. All the answers are right, but the reasoning uses the original Blue Moon rulebook. Which has been rewritten, including incorporating FAQ list material. So it may help. Or may not. But take a look.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.