Popular Tags: [View All]
Gilad Yarnitzky
Israel
Reut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just renewed my BGG support for 2014 and noticed it was for the 10th year and I realised that I have a lot to be thankful for this community during those 10 years.

Let me start by saying that this community is so special that every time when people talk about online community and the problems they encounter with them, I bring up BGG as an example how things should be:
People helping people, giving information, trying to answer question with the best info they know, always trying to be as helpful as possible. I must admit, there were some cases of people not acting so, but during my 10 years I can count them with my two hands, and if you think about the amount of posts I read and encountered during that time, that is minor.

People always tried to answer my questions.
People gave me feedback on my designs which helped me a lot.
People published new graphics for my games that helped me get published (and I'll always be grateful for them and for this platform that enabled this)

In my 30 years online (yes from the time it was only bitnet) I never encountered such a positive community.

So that you BGG community!

• [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it !
badge
Enjoy Life!
mb
Stumbled across this...and..
Couldn´t have said it better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noreen
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
Welcome to fall in the Midwest and a property with a lot of mature trees!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats on the decade! Will you get a microbadge for that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilad Yarnitzky
Israel
Reut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ngwilliam wrote:
Congrats on the decade! Will you get a microbadge for that?

Not that I know of
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
mb
This badge can be purchased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noreen
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
Welcome to fall in the Midwest and a property with a lot of mature trees!
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh... I wonder why the five-year badge is awarded automatically but you have to pay for the 10 year one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone can make a badge for sale.
Getting one approved to be system administered however is a more arduous process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
mb
This badge can be purchased.

It can also be assigned ninja

10 more years!

PS:
Microbadge Design and Submission Wiki.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb
I celebrate your 10 years and the sentiment of your post with .
Happy Anniversary!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jes m
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy d10-1d10-0 year anniversary!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MacKenzie Miller
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CongratuglationsblankGamerblankGeek:!:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B.
Canada
flag msg tools
Look down.
badge
Ooooo! Ahhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!

No worries. That's what we do. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denny Lau
United States
Shelby Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ycyclop wrote:
I just renewed my BGG support for 2014 and noticed it was for the 10th year and I realised that I have a lot to be thankful for this community during those 10 years.

Let me start by saying that this community is so special that every time when people talk about online community and the problems they encounter with them, I bring up BGG as an example how things should be:
People helping people, giving information, trying to answer question with the best info they know, always trying to be as helpful as possible. I must admit, there were some cases of people not acting so, but during my 10 years I can count them with my two hands, and if you think about the amount of posts I read and encountered during that time, that is minor.

People always tried to answer my questions.
People gave me feedback on my designs which helped me a lot.
People published new graphics for my games that helped me get published (and I'll always be grateful for them and for this platform that enabled this)

In my 30 years online (yes from the time it was only bitnet) I never encountered such a positive community.

So that you BGG community!

Thumbs to ALL that post in this this tread! I echo this post... you are all just awesome!

Look in the mirror.. I'm talking to you!

YOU are BGG and we love your contributions.

Den

(P.S. Check out my Geeklist)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.