Francesco T
Italy
Pavia - Lecce
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ho guys,
Yesterday we played this great game (5 players) and now I have some questions:
- players can trade resources?
- player can form an alliance? So those players can move freely trough allies' empires/starbase?
- can a player attack another player hex with 2 fleets that came from two differents hexes? Or you have to attack an hex with only one fleet that came from a single hex?

Thx for the answers and sorry for bad english
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
omnigod wrote:
- players can trade resources?

The rules do not allow for nor forbid this. I've never played that way. I would say it depends on the players around the table.

Quote:
- player can form an alliance? So those players can move freely trough allies' empires/starbase?

This is not allowed.

Quote:
can a player attack another player hex with 2 fleets that came from two differents hexes? Or you have to attack an hex with only one fleet that came from a single hex?

This is allowed and happens quite frequently. You may have 2 fleets come from different hexes into a single combat.

Thank you for playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco T
Italy
Pavia - Lecce
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx you for the quick answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adamw wrote:
[q="omnigod"]

Quote:
can a player attack another player hex with 2 fleets that came from two differents hexes? Or you have to attack an hex with only one fleet that came from a single hex?

This is allowed and happens quite frequently. You may have 2 fleets come from different hexes into a single combat.

Thank you for playing!

We debated something similar last night and in the end just went for the simples answer since combat doesn't seem to be meant to be complicated - basically, for a player, all ship moves are done first and then combat is resolved per hex.
We thought there could have been leeway for a different interpretation from the rules saying (something like) when ships encounter enemy ships they stop and combat occurs, with the thinking you could move one fleet into a hex and destroy the opposition in combat and then move more ships 'through' that hex now it was empty - a tactic in more conflict-orientated XXXX games but we settled for simpler rules that it looked like it should be.

Fun game last night ... but I needed more fighting arrrh. BUT the best tie-breaker we have ever played - two of us finished on the same points so it was our fleets standing face to face to decide the fate of the throne, and since he was the player who ended the game by taking the Regent role before my massive fleet could warp out of the Black hole I felt no pity as I pulverised his last ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.