Christopher Brandon
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So a friend of my was giving me the nickle tour of Google Earth and at a certain height as we surveyed the middle east it struck me...THIS is an instant Ogre/GEV map bonanza! I am working on trying to come up with a map and I think if you scale the view to roughly 11 miles high you get rough approximation of an ogre/ gev 1/2 hex representation of terrain (or roughly 1.5 KM per 1/2 inch. So question 1 does anyone know where I can get a balnk hex template scaled to 1/2 inch?

This could be Ogre/ Gev map heaven sports fans!

Cheers!
Christopher

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Hughes
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try this out - might need to fiddle a bit to get the size you want, but once you do you can open the .pdf with photoshop, remove the background and lay it on top of anything you want...

http://www.incompetech.com/beta/hexagonalGraphPaper/hex.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy K.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Way-whu-nuh-now?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey that's a really cool idea!

I used to play the computer version of Ogre on my old Commodore 64, but I haven't played the board version of it. I've considered picking up a copy for some short blasting away.

Report back if anything comes of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brandon
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay I had only an hour or so to mess around with it but it DOES appear to be working. Certain elements like roads and bridges need a little punch up but my initial scale of viewing from roughly 11 miles up seems to be working. Once I get a chance to play around with this some more I will post one on the Ogre game page!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you know how high the camera is set? I have no context in which to realize how high it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.