Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronicus Thunderheart
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Some questions with regards to scavenging:

1. When do you play a scavenge location? The updated Rule Book says during the "Occupation" phase, but the back page says during the "Scavenging" Phase.

2. When do characters move to the scavenging location? I *think* it's during the "Scavenging" phase.

3. If I play a scavenging location from my hand, I assume that I can neither play humans at my Stronghold, nor send raiders to someone else's locations because I'm "occupying" the scavenging location. Is this correct?

4. When does combat happen at a scavenging location? Is it during the Raiding Party's Combat phase?

5. If a Raiding party is at a Scavenging location with 1 access point and kill the humans, does the Raiding party in effect "block" that scavenging location from being scavenged again due to only 1 entry point? I.E. do the Raiders block access to anyone entering the building?

That's all for now. I'm sure there will be more to come.

-Ron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Turner

New York
msg tools
designer
mb
Great questions.

1. You play a scavenging location during the occupation phase and it does become the location you're occupying. I'll check the back page for an error.

2. Survivors move to the scavenging location during the occupation phase. If you're occupying the scavenging location, either on the turn you played it or an a subsequent turn, you can move survivors there. They can come from your stronghold or any other scavenging locations just so long as their destination is the one you're occupying.

3. Correct.

4. Correct

5. Access points block exit, not entry. If the raiders wipe out the survivors, then you can still bring some more survivors later to try and take out those raiders.

Keep the questions coming and enjoy the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Turner

New York
msg tools
designer
mb
I checked the reference page on the back of the rulebook. The scavenging wection refers to the whole of scavenging, rather than what you do during the scavenging phase. I see how that can be misleading and I'll think about making a change. Thanks.

Ivan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.