Subject: Slash and One-Use dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can Slash be used to re-roll One-Use dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Page 9 of the rulebook: "The player may reroll one of his own combat dice. This is limited to EQUIPMENT dice, ARTIFACT dice, HERO LEVEL dice, and MONSTER LEVEL dice."

Granted, "his own" seems at odds with being able to reroll monster level dice, but it clearly doesn't list one use dice there. I assume it's trying to disallow rerolling a helping player's combat dice.

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pax domina
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My first inclination is 'no'. They are One-use dice, after all. But after further consideration, I can see your point. So, 'maybe' -- depending on what the designer has to say.

But feel free to institute your own house rule regarding that issue in the meantime. We usually only re-roll the green experience dice, equipment/artifact dice, and spell dice. (One per slash symbol, of course.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udo Borries
Germany
Schnelldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
etherton wrote:
No. Page 9 of the rulebook: "The player may reroll one of his own combat dice. This is limited to EQUIPMENT dice, ARTIFACT dice, HERO LEVEL dice, and MONSTER LEVEL dice."

Granted, "his own" seems at odds with being able to reroll monster level dice, but it clearly doesn't list one use dice there. I assume it's trying to disallow rerolling a helping player's combat dice.

-Dave

As "Slash" can also be found on monsters, there's nothing odd about being able to reroll one of one's own monster level dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, good point. I was thinking of player as "human hero player" and not "monster player".

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paxdomina wrote:
My first inclination is 'no'. They are One-use dice, after all. But after further consideration, I can see your point. So, 'maybe' -- depending on what the designer has to say.

But feel free to institute your own house rule regarding that issue in the meantime. We usually only re-roll the green experience dice, equipment/artifact dice, and spell dice. (One per slash symbol, of course.)

Spells should NOT be re-rolled as part of Slash. There's a special symbol in the expansion for re-rolls of those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.