Subject: Maximum players in one location? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikolai Frydenlund
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello!

I was wonder what is the maximum number of players that can be in one location(weapons control, administration, etc)? Is it only one? Or more?

Thanks in advance
Nifzdevil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Well? Am I?
badge
Don't Blink.
mbmbmbmbmb
Other than certain character restrictions (see Zarek), there is no limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Alexopoulos
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nifz wrote:
Hello!

I was wonder what is the maximum number of players that can be in one location(weapons control, administration, etc)? Is it only one? Or more?

Thanks in advance
Nifzdevil

Any number of players can be in a location at the same time. However, be aware that some characters have penalties or have a limited action if another player is in their location. The penalty or limitation would be indicated on the character card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have it on personal experience that the brig can hold 5,
and Sick Bay has no problem with 3 or 4.
(sigh)soblue

Rebel Headquarters in New Caprica holds 4 or 5 in a 6 or 7 player game.

But there's no official limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If gameplay wise, none. If physically, then 5 or 6 before they start spilling over the borders of the location.

Capt_WaRPed wrote:
Other than certain character restrictions (see Zarek), there is no limit.
Not to mention Leoben.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mooseared Ferenczy
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
GerryRailBaron wrote:
and Sick Bay has no problem with 3 or 4.
(sigh)soblue

Rebel Headquarters in New Caprica holds 4 or 5 in a 6 or 7 player game.

But there's no official limit.

If can even hold 6 or 7 if the cylons are doing it right. And the CL is infiltrating. devil
But logistically, you probably don't want more than 2 people on any given space because at 2 if it gets damaged you are going to get punished for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Star Fox
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Keep busy to keep happy.
badge
If you have fun, then even if you lose you still win!
mbmbmbmbmb
GerryRailBaron wrote:

PBF 399 managed 6:

Quite cosy in there, I reckon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure I've seen 3 people sent to Sick Bay in one attack, but that might have been 2 hits on occupied locations, 2 characters in 1, a single in another, sending 3 characters to Doc Cottle's Body & Detailing Shop

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
j0frenzy wrote:
But logistically, you probably don't want more than 2 people on any given space because at 2 if it gets damaged you are going to get punished for it.

Unless the space is one of those without a damage token - a more universal argument against having more than 2 players on a given space is that you don't get any further benefit from adding more (barring specific character abilities or a lack of Executive Orders) - if you have two characters on the Armory, then you can get 2 attacks on Centurions each turn with Executive Order; with just one there, on his turn he can only attack once.

And having too many people on Colonial One can be a problem if someone manages to sneak a Bomb On, whether they're on the same location or not, while it's not uncommon to have all the humans on the Shipyard on New Caprica (briefly, until one of them gets sent to Detention) because they're not giving up much flexibility that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On NC, there isn't anything that executes or moves multiple players at once (except Mutiny/Treachery), nor are there damage tokens for it, so piling on there is fine.

Bomb On C1 has to be done by a super crisis, so you should be able to try to anticipate it, although if you're playing with either Peg and/or Exo, the super crisis deck is diluted enough to perhaps risk that.

having 3 on a spot would merely be a backup, in case a cylon reveals and brigs or Sickbays someone. Or just uses another means to do so. Or if it's a title holder who tends to get sent to Sickbay/Brig more often. However, I'd rather play "Persian immortal" here and just have only 2 characters there, and if one of those characters leaves the location for any reason, find a character (could be the same one) to just immediately replace him, even if it costs an action (not being able to double spam that location since he had to move back into position now).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Lakewood
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
From my understanding, Zarek could be on a location with others, he just would be even more redundant by being there.

The game might not place a limit, but it certainly encourages not pooling up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skribs15 wrote:
From my understanding, Zarek could be on a location with others, he just would be even more redundant by being there.

The game might not place a limit, but it certainly encourages not pooling up.
Gally and Peggy can take damage. Comms and RL can't be damaged, but can be bypassed if you manage the alternatives better. I actually really liked how the base game had crisis cards that targeted specific locations. It's just a riot when 3 characters are on Armory to pile against centurions, and then the humans fail Missing G4 Explosives (7GP) and are now in the Brig.. with Cents still on the loose Since Peggy's always required with that set, I wish they had crisis cards that targeted those specific locations!

C1 can get blown up, but at least you know there has to be a cylon or ambitious CL for that, and even then, it's a possibility. Otherwise, C1 locations are really good for some characters, but not all.... pres. on Qcard place (the names changed in Daybreak, so I'll just reference them by function); yellow cards is nice, but too many people there and no1's taking care of Gally; and Mcards/changing the presidency isn't worth having someone parked there

With space, a CFB nuke roll of 8 will put pilots in Sickbay; and otherwise, you either need to deal with a death ball of raiders which is likely to send you to Sickbay; or there isn't that big of a threat outside, so you're better off inside.

Demetrius... using CC too much can be detrimental, and you can only do Missions so much (you can scout Mission deck multiple times, but you hit diminishing returns there)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.