Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

http://portalgames.pl/en/fans-shout-out-to-wojciech/?utm_sou...
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it !
badge
Enjoy Life!
Avatar
mb
Thanks, Juan!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
maho wrote:
Thanks, Juan!


It's a fan made scenario though, not official scenario by Portal or Ignacy. What's the difference when downloading other fan made stuff?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...if it's a great beast hunting expedition, then why in the world am I going into it with a starting weapon level of 1...what am I, stupid?

(Don't get me wrong-I appreciate the time and effort put into developing this...but I do find it amusing )
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
secoAce -
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
It's a fan made scenario though, not official scenario by Portal or Ignacy. What's the difference when downloading other fan made stuff?

It's if posted on the official game site, that means it's good enough for the to approve and sanction the work. Fan-made usually means it was made for free; usually it means that it wasn't contractually solicited and compensated as work-for-hire.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
garry_rice wrote:
Hmmm...if it's a great beast hunting expedition, then why in the world am I going into it with a starting weapon level of 1...what am I, stupid?


Not stupid. Primitive.

Thanks for sharing the link Juan!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giorgos Maroufidis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks !!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the bits guy
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
in the English translation PDF of this scenario, the explanation of the Totem symbol is (my bold):

"If an Island tile with [totem symbol] is revealed, [black cube symbol] should be placed on the Event deck. During the next round, before drawing any Event cards, you have to draw 1 card from Fate deck for each token placed on Event deck. Resolve only the Threat effect (at the bottom of the card). After resolving all of the cards, discard the markers."

What is the Fate deck? Any idea how to play this rule?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it !
badge
Enjoy Life!
Avatar
mb
It´s explained in the Set-Up changes:

".....
3: Prepare the Fate-deck: .....
....." and so on.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the bits guy
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Didn't look carefully enough.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Mc
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
I don't understand the use of the number tokens. When a tile with a number is searched, the number gets placed on an unmarked beast card. Why? What does this designate? Under what circumstances would you use a "2," and what if I explore them out of numerical order? Where does "2" go if "1" is still on a tile? Thanks for the assistance.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah this seems confusing. I assume that the blue cube has to be moved, but in general it makes little sense.

Number tokens themselves make sense, they mark where a certain beast is and on which tile, but I don't understand why would the number be moved.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Mc
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
You stated my confusion exactly, Slashdoctor. I don't know why the used number moves, and I don't know why the blue cube is involved at all. Are there ever multiple blue cubes? I suspect something is wrong or omitted in the translation.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Mc
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
The scenario reads, "after a successful action, The number token should be moved to the next beast prepared to hunt (first to the left), which is not marked yet."
Should it read, "after a successful action, The number token should be moved to the next beast prepared to hunt (first to the left), which is not marked yet WITH A NUMBER TOKEN."?
So I discover an icon, blue cube on the card, and "1" on the tile. I explore "1" and "1" goes on the card WITH THE BLUE CUBE. Cube plus number token means it can be hunted (3pawns).
That makes sense, but is that the intention?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A R
Germany
Rutesheim
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the scenario!
The description of how to kill the Beasts is indeed confusing, thus I applied the suggested ruling as it makes sense in my opinion as well:
Densmc wrote:
So I discover an icon, blue cube on the card, and "1" on the tile. I explore "1" and "1" goes on the card WITH THE BLUE CUBE. Cube plus number token means it can be hunted (3pawns).

Also, I interpreted "Place +1 Beast strength token in the Hunting Action field" so that all Beasts get +1 strength throughout the game (opposed to the original game, where the token is placed next to the Hunting deck and is discarded after hunting the first Beast).
Overall, I found the scenario rather easy and won on round 8 with around half life remaining for all three characters (Carpenter-Cook-Soldier).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Densmc wrote:
The scenario reads, "after a successful action, The number token should be moved to the next beast prepared to hunt (first to the left), which is not marked yet."
Should it read, "after a successful action, The number token should be moved to the next beast prepared to hunt (first to the left), which is not marked yet WITH A NUMBER TOKEN."?
So I discover an icon, blue cube on the card, and "1" on the tile. I explore "1" and "1" goes on the card WITH THE BLUE CUBE. Cube plus number token means it can be hunted (3pawns).
That makes sense, but is that the intention?


This is how I interpreted the rule as well.

Thematically I see it that when you explore an area and pull a tile with the Beast icon it means that you have found signs of some sort of animal (put a blue cube on the first Beast card set aside during set-up without a blue cube starting from the left and working to the right).

Then you actively track the animal by taking an Exploration action on a tile with a number. If you succeed at the Explore action it means you have tracked the animal back to its lair or know it's exact location (and thus put the number on a found Beast, ie the first Beast card marked with a blue cube and without a numbered token starting from the left and working to the right).

Now you can return to hunt that animal by taking the special Hunting action, which is choosing to hunt one of the found and tracked Beasts (blue cube and numbered) rather then a Beast in the Hunting deck.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
atos25 wrote:
Thanks for the scenario!
The description of how to kill the Beasts is indeed confusing, thus I applied the suggested ruling as it makes sense in my opinion as well:
Densmc wrote:
So I discover an icon, blue cube on the card, and "1" on the tile. I explore "1" and "1" goes on the card WITH THE BLUE CUBE. Cube plus number token means it can be hunted (3pawns).

Also, I interpreted "Place +1 Beast strength token in the Hunting Action field" so that all Beasts get +1 strength throughout the game (opposed to the original game, where the token is placed next to the Hunting deck and is discarded after hunting the first Beast).
Overall, I found the scenario rather easy and won on round 8 with around half life remaining for all three characters (Carpenter-Cook-Soldier).


I assumed the Beast Strength token on the Hunting Action field was to indicate that all Beasts have +1 Strength throughout the scenario and wasn't removed after the first hunted Beast - but it isn't entirely clear.

I too found it rather easy easy and didn't feel under pressure, completing the hunt by Round 8 - played solo with the Carpenter, Friday and Dog. But I'll give it another go and see whether I was just lucky.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Gamer
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
deleted? page not found cry
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Hinners
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
From this GeekList, there is a link to the Hunters scenario by Wojciech Wons. Enjoy!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ron van 't veer
Netherlands
Jisp
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For everyone who also want to use the instruction sheet, with both a leisure version and a hardcore version, I have translated the German one.

Also, I have corrected a minor error in the scenario sheet (1 untranslated polish word still existed in the English scenario sheet.) Both sheets should be printed seperately.

Have fun with it!

Corrected Scenario sheet:


Scoring Sheet:
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.