Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
t k
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is receiving of work orders limited to only the three factories in the pool?

Or can you also receive work orders from an industry that you attracted?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Ebsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It is limited to the three factories in the pool.

Johnny
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
t k
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmmm...

So, if you have an orange factory, you can use Union Boss to supply it with grey work orders and be paid accordingly for grey goods, true ?!

I assume that if you receive color bonuses, due to inventions, that they count? E.g., if you have the Combustion Engine + Union Boss + Grey Goods gets the dollar bonus. On the other hand, Spinning Jenny has no effect, since you are really running a Grey factor rather than Orange, true ?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Ebsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if I understood your question correctly you are almost right.
- If you have an orange factory you can produce grey goods with the Union leader no matter what color work order you use.
- When producing grey goods you receive 3$, no matter how you get to the grey goods, so you are right.
- The color of the factories does not change with the Union leader, so you can actually still get your bonus with the Spinning Jenny. The factories become more flexible with the Union leader and can therefore handle more diverse work orders.

Hope this clarifies your questions.
Johnny

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
t k
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ah... that helps

otherwise, without the Union Boss, the value of an early factory purchase can diminish rapidly, as the engine quickly runs out of fuel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toby
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Johnny Ebsen wrote:
Well if I understood your question correctly you are almost right.
- If you have an orange factory you can produce grey goods with the Union leader no matter what color work order you use.

This confuses me a little. Are you saying that using the Union Leader I can take any color cube off my personal board, put it in any color factory, and then claim they are any color cube for the purposes of payment?

This seems to contradict the player aid, which says players "Receive money according to the color of the work orders used". So how exactly would someone use orange work order cubes in an orange factory to produce grey or white "goods" (and, presumably, get paid for grey or white goods) using the Union Leader? I could just claim the goods were a different color than the cubes? Or was this statement an error?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.