Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Fluck
United Kingdom
Milton
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Peacekeeper Captain Brevura, surveyed the ruined city. His small squad huddled behind a piece of fallen masonry. First time in action for all of them - lessons to be learnt.

"This is a kill mission, but mostly we need to survive. Keep it simple, shot and scoot. There is a big beast up ahead."

With that, the troop moved out - two to the right, one providing overwatch and one going to high ground. Two dogs, a shambler and three plague grunts led in the huge plague commander.

Fire through the debris was ineffective. The Captain moved around to the right to bolster the Enforcers just as a plague grunt picked up a frag grenade and threw it. One wounded and one shaken. The lookout was pinned down by rifle fire - unhurt but shaken.

Two dogs broke cover, gunned done in an instant, but they just provide cover for the assault. Troopers began to fall in hand to hand and Brevura fell as the shambler pierced his armour. "Game over", he thought ....

General impressions

Good fun, and I will look forward to trying this out some more. Set up was a little fussy for my liking but I suspect with repeated plays this irons out.

Similarly, the rulebook needs a good index - constant referring back and forth to define long range and work out what agile meant slowgameplay. Not sure if it is poor dice, but seemed hard to kill people at first until the frag grenade blew the Enforcers down. Need to understand the nuance of command point usage and card use as well.

Finally - the counters drove me mad trying to work them out! Pictures guys, please.

But, it was a success. It plays in a relatively small area, doesn't take long and you can get your throat ripped out by a plague ridden monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
Canada
Ridgeway
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gald to hear you're having fun! Use this reference sheet. Since we've had it we rarely open the book!
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/90665/rangerrobs-deadz...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.