Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
We played Beowulf the other night, and tried to find the rules on this... frankly, I'm not impressed by the Beowulf rulebook, so I'm still not certain on the detail. But, we're planning to play again this week, so I thought I'd ask here.

1. What if there's a tie in the money auction? Can there be a tie? Does each bid have to beat the last bid, or can it just match the last bid?

2. Does the loser of a money auction get the red "loser" token? Ot does it stay with the loser of the last card auction?

Thank you, good BGG-ers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You seem to have this part right, but since it is a common mistake note that the person who comes in LAST PLACE in each non-simultaneous auction gets the "first player" marker or the "losers token" as you call it, making them the first bidder in the next rounds - let's say it's a consolation prize.

Next, a correction of the previous posters assertion. The rules specifically state:

Quote:

"Note: The start player does not change at the end of Treasure episodes!"

Edit: let me directly answer your questions!

Quote:
1. What if there's a tie in the money auction? Can there be a tie? Does each bid have to beat the last bid, or can it just match the last bid?

Players can "just match the last bid" which means they stay in the auction and the player that bid before them (the same amount) will have to increase his bid when it comes around to him again in order to stay in the auction.

Quote:
2. Does the loser of a money auction get the red "loser" token? Ot does it stay with the loser of the last card auction?

No. Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a situation last game where their was a tie during the money auction, since everyone had used all their money. How would that get resolved?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no such thing as a tie. You can either play or you are out. If you have no more gold you are out and you continue going around the table until only one person has not dropped out. The last one standing wins.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.