Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark horneff
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Recently rewatched Voyager, where they first meet species 8472 and was wondering about running a voyager/sphere team up for the Tholian web op. Do you think it could be fun to play? Not looking to be too cheesed out but don't want to get walked over completely.

Thoughts?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never actually specifically used the two of them together, but they are fun ships separately so I'd imagine they would be together!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I have been toying with a voyager species combo. Would be fun to give it a bash...especially v borg (there sill be so much borg in our Tholian web tourney that I want something different...might go with my Dom build with energy disrupters and those beams that ignore shield on attack ships...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don D.
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I won OP 6 with a janeway voyager + Picard sphere + hideki fighters build. I faced two relatively suboptimal double sphere builds and won easily and I faced a highly maximized double sphere + gencon Khan + Picard and sideboard shenanigans build and just slipped by him. Voyager got blown out of the sky before ever firing a single shot, but my fighters were able to inflict heavy damage before being roasted and it ended up my single sphere against his khan sphere and I blew him up while having one hull left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Must resist the borg!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Vannueten
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I won an OP5 with a pure sphere, voyager build.

This was the build I used:

* United Force - Admiral Order

Borg Sphere 4270 (40)
Tactical Drone (3)
Feedback Pulse (8)

Total:51

USS Voyager (30)
JL-Picard (6)
Attack Pattern Omega (3) (Never used it)
Tom Paris (4*)
Hikaru Sulu (3*)
Dmitri Valtane (3*)
Independent Klingon Flagship (10)

Total:49

In the complete OP I never lost a single ship. I used the tactical drone's ability as much as I could to get the most out of the attacks.
Voyager had a free scan thx to the resource (very helpfull for Valtane). For the Picard free action it depends on the situation what i picked but usually battlestations. As third action I used the Sulu action.

I know that it isn't a perfect build and I have to watch out for Assmilition Tubules but at the time I did the job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.